Power Station of Art
Huangpu District Shanghai
The Power Station of Art（PSA）is located where the Pavilion of Future of the World Expo 2010 Shanghai was; it is the first public museum of contemporary art in mainland China.
The building was once the site of the Nanshi Power Plant, set up in 1897. The main structure is 128 meters long, 70 meters wide and 50 meters high, and the campus covers an area of 31,088 square meters. The impressively soaring 165-meter-high chimney, made of reinforced concrete, bears witness to the ups and downs of modern industry in China, and points to the new historical opportunity and cultural creation across the Huangpu River, in Pudong. After renovation, the area of the structure will enlarge to 41,200 square meters, and the exhibition area will expand from 9,000 to 15,000 square meters.
The Museum will open to the public on Oct. 1st 2012. Situated on the right bank of Huangpu River, it is only 4 kilometers away from People’s Square (the political, commercial and cultural center of Shanghai), and only a 15-minute’s walk from the metro station “South Xizang Road” of line 4 and 8.