MOCA Shanghai (Museums of Contemporary Art Shanghai)
The Museum of Contemporary Art Shanghai (MOCA Shanghai) is the first non-profit, independently-operated contemporary art institution in Shanghai. Endorsed by the Shanghai Municipal Government and funded by the Samuel Kung Foundation, MOCA Shanghai is devoted to the promotion of Chinese and international contemporary art.
The Museum is located in the People's Park, directly center of the administrative and cultural hub of the city. Surrounding buildings include the Municipal Government Headquarters, the Shanghai Grand Theatre, the Shanghai Art Museum and the Shanghai Museum. Managed by a team of local and international professionals with extensive curatorial and administrative experiences, MOCA Shanghai intends to lead in nurturing the appreciation of Chinese and international contemporary art and design. In turn, we
hope to encourage cultural exchange between Shanghai and the world. Mission of MOCA Shanghai:
- To promote Chinese contemporary art and design locally, nationally, and internationally
- To bring to China high quality international contemporary art and design and to encourage global cultural exchange
- To collect and research on Chinese contemporary art and design
- To serve as an information center for Chinese contemporary art
- To nurture the public's appreciation of contemporary art and design
- To inspire creativity and contribute to the support of creative industries
- To provide a training ground for museum professionals in China
MOCA Shanghai is a museum for the people. Located in the historic People's Park, MOCA will be a popular place for Shanghai residents as well as overseas
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.