ART CAREER MANAGEMENT FOR ARTISTS WORKSHOP IN VIENNA
(18 - 24 September 2011) and ( 1 - 9 October 2011)
How to Manage Your Art Career And Be a Real Master at Promotion And Marketing
For Mid-Career Artists, Newly Emerging Artists and Advanced Students of Art
The main focus of this workshop is on the examination of different ways in which artists should develop and adapt their strategies to international art markets. You will learn how to identify art market opportunities for your work and then promote your art in a more targeted and cost-effective way. The workshop will consist of two parts. Part I: Theory. Part II: Lectures on Painting techniques.
Topics to be covered:
- Career Management: manage it like a business
- Art marketing
- Global art marketing,
- Art Promotion: from concept to pricing
- Self promotion
Part I: Lectures and group discussions will focus on:
- The main concept of international art business
- Decision making in art career
- Analysis of the strategies of art marketing that operates at an international level
- Personalized Art consultancy and group critiques (please bring samples of your artwork/ portfolio in the workshop).
Part II: Lectures on Painting
- Painting: high quality art is key (from realism to abstraction)
- Creative design, composition and color theory
- How to distinguish good quality art
- Workshops will include visiting Museums, critiques and discussions.
All participants will be given an opportunity to join our group shows in 2012 - 2013. A one month exhibition at Euro-Asian Art Center /Gallery M
-7 Days Art workshop in painting in Vienna 19 – 24 September
Monday – Friday: 19 – 24 September Art Workshop
Monday –Friday: Lectures from 9:00 am - 1 pm
Lunch: 1:30 to 2:30
Afternoon: Sightseeing in Vienna, cultural field trips, Museum visit
Saturday 24: Reception Night
Requirements for workshop acceptance: Professional artists or advance students in arts, newly emerging artists. Good knowledge and skills in paintings.
To be considered for acceptance, please forward your Artist Resume and a link to your website to firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop fee € 600 Euro including Museum tickets and participation to group show.
Apply Now!! Number of Participants is limited!! 10 Participants only
Workshops will be conducted by Jackie Mauersberger