Loyola University Museum of Art (LUMA)
Chicago, IL 60611
The Loyola University Museum of Art (LUMA) was founded in 2005 on the Water Tower Campus of Loyola University Chicago. LUMA is located on the Magnificent Mile at the Water Tower in Lewis Towers, an historic 1927 Gothic Revival building. The museum with 35,000 sq. feet contains eight exhibition main galleries, the William G. and Marilyn M. Simpson Lecture Hall, the Solomon Cordwell Buenz Library of Sacred Art and Architecture and the Museum Store, the Push Pin Gallery and the Harlan J. Berk Ltd. Works on Paper Gallery. LUMA welcomes new members and volunteers at all levels of participation.
The mission of the museum is illustrated and introduced in the first floor lobby with the Windows of Faith representing the five major world faiths of Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam.
The museum operates as part of the educational mission of the University and is a 501(c)3 cultural institution receiving public and private support and with an elected board of advisors.
The website will be permanently closed shortly, so please retrieve any content you wish to save.