Best known as the creator of the hit YOU DON’T KNOW JACK game series, The Jellyvision Lab has expanded our roster of engaging personalities beyond virtual game show hosts to virtual teachers, insurance agents, salespeople, advisors… you name it. We’ve pioneered a new approach to interactivity called Interactive Conversation that allows machines to communicate more like people. Not in that AI robot sort of way, but in a radio/television, written-by-writers, performed-by-actors sort of way.
The Jellyvision Lab is a small (50 people or so), creative, focused, and driven company, with a strong vision for bringing interactive communication to the web for Fortune 500 partners.
THAT’S LOVELY… BUT WHAT’S THE JOB?
The Jellyvision Lab is in search of a Graphic Artist to help us with Flash-based/HTML 5 illustration and animation on a full-time basis beginning a.s.a.p. We’re looking for a digital renaissance artist: a great generalist who can roll with multiple technologies and styles to pull off world class art under tight deadlines. Read on for more specifics . . .
- Work with a team of writers, flowmasters (media producers), and project managers to create the visual side of innovative, engaging, interactive conversations (for examples of Jellyvision conversations, check out http://www.jellyvisionlab.com/examp...).
- As part of an artist/writer team, meet with clients to gain an understanding of their communication needs, and to present the solutions Jellyvision creates.
- Drive the visual concept of interactive conversations from start to finish - matching your vision to the work of our writers, and inspiring writing based on your visual concepts.
- Thoughtfully provide, and graciously accept, feedback on your work and the work of others, to ensure that the end product we provide our clients is the best that it can be.
What skills and experiences are we looking for?
Your portfolio/reels should show the following:
- Awesome illustration skills
- Strong conceptual skills
- An eye for typography and layout
- Animation chops and storytelling
- Motion graphics (syncing sound, graphics, and text)
We also want to see Computer Skills including:
- Flash (a MUST)
- After Effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- 3D skills (3DS Max and Maya a bonus)
What Characteristics should a Jellyvision Graphic Artist have?
- Exceptionally creative (have your own ideas and vision)
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Fast and efficient
- Good sense of humor
- Ability to adopt a multitude of styles and run with it
- Knows that less can be more when it comes to art
- Ability to turn "I am looking for something kind of like this" into "Yeah! That’s exactly what I was thinking!"
Yes. We only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Jellyvision is a group effort and you must be capable of working collaboratively with creative, technical, and occasionally sales types. Everyone at Jellyvision shares a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. Please check out www.jellyvisionlab.com to learn more.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay and a flexible schedule.
- Fully loaded benefits plan. 401K with matching and fully covered disability, life, medical, and dental insurance.
- Casual dress. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy foods - sandwich, cereal and snack type things - that's fair game to all employees while it lasts.
- Easy transportation. We’re really close to the "L" and the Halsted (#8) bus, right by the new Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods if that’s your kind of thing.
- Did we mention our yoga class? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And you should know that we have a massage chair. And not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the HumanTouch HT 5320 WholeBody™ Massage Chair. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
INTERESTED? Great, we look forward to reading your application - make sure it includes:
- A cover letter that highlights three reasons you think you’d be great for the gig. Writing is key to all that we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. Please also include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter.
- Your resume.
- An art sample in Flash in response to our Art Challenge - you can find the challenge and all the materials you need to produce it at http://www.jellyvisionlab.com/jobs/...
To submit your resume and cover letter, go to http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=o1kSV.... After you submit your resume and cover letter, you will receive an automatically generated response email from our Recruiting Robot - please respond to the Recruiting Robot with your Art Challenge materials. Please note that your application will not be considered complete until we have received the Art Challenge from you!
**No phone calls please.**
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!