Los Angeles Art Association
825 N. La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90069
Los Angeles Art Association's Biannual Artist Screening is:
Saturday, August 4 / Tuesday, August 7 / Wednesday, August 8, 2012
10a to 5p (no appointment necessary)
We invite you to join us for a Pre-Screening Orientation - an informal Q&A with the LAAA staff - on Saturday, July 14, 2012 from 11am to 12 noon.
Los Angeles Art Association (LAAA) is committed to serving local artists of all media. Gallery 825 on La Cienega Boulevard is the exhibition arm of the organization. At this venue, LAAA hosts a wide variety of group shows, solo shows, lectures, workshops and artist talks. All LAAA exhibition opportunities are juried by regional and national (non-LAAA) art professionals - giving emerging artists access to the highest level decision makers in the art world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must bring:
1. Two (2) original pieces of artwork created within the last 3 years.
Rules & Guidelines for submitting original artwork are as follows:
· Framed work and work on paper/canvas must be no larger than 5' x 5' in either direction.
· No rolled canvases will be accepted.
· Unframed pieces must be professionally presented in a portfolio, mounted or otherwise protected.
· Sculpture must be no larger than 4' x 4' x 4'.
· Film and video pieces must be submitted on VHS or DVD.
· Installation work must be submitted in the form of documentation (i.e. slides, photo, VHS or DVD), along with a sample/article from the installation. LAAA will consider all media.
2. Three (3) 8"x10" color printouts of additional artwork, properly labeled and submitted in a full page plastic sheet. (Video artists may submit 3 additional videos.)
3. An Artist Statement (150 words or less)
ARTISTS MUST BRING THE ABOVE MATERIALS ALONG WITH A NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE OF $35 ON ANY OF THE ABOVE 3 MEMBERSHIP SCREENING DATES TO: 825 N. La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90069. Hours are: 10:00a-5:00p. Please make checks payable to LAAA. All work is reviewed by the exhibition committee and guest jurors.
Work must be picked up Friday, August 10 or Saturday, August 11, 10a-5p.
Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance will be made in letter form and will be distributed upon pick-up of artwork. Membership dues for 2012 are prorated to $125. More information on membership benefits and services is available online here.
For information call 310.652.8272 or e-mail email@example.com.
installation call announcement artwork video film Orientation Pre-Screening Southern California