Elisa Contemporary Art presents Tickled PINK, at our pop-up gallery space. The exhibit opens on April 12th, 2012.
Ticked PINK means “to be delighted” and to “glow with pleasure” and when you see the vibrant palettes, rich textures and imagined worlds in the artwork of our group of international artists you’ll bask in those feelings as well. There are the pulsating digital orbs of Canadian artist Franco DeFrancesca and the expressionistic organic landscapes of Los Angeles Flow artist Kimber Berry, as well as thickly layered and dimensional paintings of Austin artist, Allison Gregory that literally drip with joy.
The exhibit also features the mixed media paintings (paper, paint and resin) of New Jersey artist, Nancy Tobin and the saturated watercolor worlds of New York artist, Melinda Hackett. According to Melinda, “One of my purposes in making paintings is to transport the viewer to a necessarily foreign place, where nature can be experienced without knowing it fully, and where reality is communicated through the senses.”
In this exhibit, we’re featuring a brilliant array of hues from our gallery artists including:
- Canadian Digital artist, Franco DeFrancesca
- LA Flow artist, Kimber Berry
- Austin artist, Allison Gregory
- New York artist, Melinda Hackett
- Mixed Media artist, Nancy Tobin
- Emerging Turkish artist, Yasemin Kackar Demirel
We are also delighted to continue our ongoing series of Home, Art and Design events. We’ve scheduled two special events on Landscape Design and Faux Finishes.
- What: Tickled Pink, a pop-up gallery from Elisa Contemporary Art
- When: Opens April 12, 2012
- Special Events:
- An Evening on Landscape Design with Judith Mills–Johnson on May 16th 7-9pm
- Faking it – an Evening of Faux Finishes and More presented by Kim Bahr, Decorpaint on June 20th, 7-9pm
- Where: 3732 Riverdale Avenue, Lower Level, Riverdale NY 10463
- Hours : Daily from 10 am – 5pm
To join us for our special events, simply RSVP to Lisa@ElisaArt.com. Be sure to include name, email and number of guests. Doors open at 6:30pm.
Tickled PINK will be on exhibit at 3732 Riverdale Avenue, Lower Level, Riverdale NY 10463 through the end of August. The viewing hours are daily 10 am – 5pm.
To set up a time for a guided tour, please contact Lisa Cooper, owner, Elisa Contemporary Art, at 212.729.4974 or Lisa@ElisaArt.com