Under the supervision of the SFO MuseumStore Manager and direction of the Assistant Managers, the MuseumStore Assistant I is responsible for providing high level customer service in completing sales transactions with the general public. Incumbents in the position are also responsible for ensuring that the general appearance of all work and sales areas are well maintained; receiving, restocking and rotating stock merchandise and assisting with other duties to increase store sales through a well-stocked and merchandised store.
Customer Service and Sales
• Ring up all sales at register and bag and wrap purchases; verify credit cards, and address patrons' inquiries.
• Assist customers with all customer service needs and keep abreast of the inventory to aid and promote sales. Actively approach and advise customers to increase sales.
• Provide courteous, friendly service, creating a congenial atmosphere on the selling floor.
Stocking and Merchandising
• Stock sales floor with merchandise from receiving department and from inventory in the storage areas; perform periodic inventory of stock.
• Maintain neat appearance of store by organizing supplies, shelves and displays; straightening merchandise; and cleaning sales counters and sales floor as needed.
• Communicate problems and suggestions to supervisors.
• Assist with other MuseumStore duties including copying, filing, lifting cartons, etc.
Education and Training: Possession of an Associate of Arts degree or higher, with course work in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience..
Work Experience: Minimum of one year of experience in book or other retail sales required.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to operate a cash register and work with a computer inventory system. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Ability to work effectively with the public and with co-workers. Demonstrated accuracy, mathematical proficiency and ability to concentrate on details. Demonstrated punctuality and dependability. Ability to communicate problems and conduct constructive problem resolution.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Special Environmental Factors: Close office setting
This is a union position subject to the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.
POSITION : SFO MuseumStore Assistant I
SUPERVISOR: SFO MuseumStore Manager
PAY RATE: $14.15/hr.
SCHEDULE: On-call (as needed)
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art encourages people of color, residents of SOMA, and other San Francisco residents to apply. The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
For more into, please go to https://sfmoma.snaphire.com/jobdetails/ajid/uFy58/MuseumStore-Assistant-I-SFO-On-Call,16039.html