Round 3 of the ArtSlant Prize
showcase opens today!
To apply, sign in to your ArtSlant account and go to your profile. Click 'enter showcase' and pick your best work to share with our juried panel. Or just click the link below if you're already signed in.
We've made some changes this year so here are a few things you'll need to know:
- 6 Rounds, February - September, 2014
- $3 Entry Fee
- 6 Solo Exhibitions in Chicago
- Student Prize Track (see below for more details)
- Lots of exposure on our site and social networks throughout the application and selection process
What is the ArtSlant Prize?
The ArtSlant Prize is a year-long juried competition culminating in the ArtSlant Prize Exhibition at one of the major fairs in Miami Beach during Art Basel. This year's competition will take place over 6 rounds and be juried by world-renowned gallerists, arts professionals and educators. The ArtSlant Prize is awarded to an emerging artist whose work helps advance contemporary aesthetic, conceptual, and political discourses.
The ArtSlant Prize includes:
- $5000 in Cash Awards
- 1st Place - $3000
- 2nd Place - $1000
- 3rd Place - $500
- Student Prize - $500
- Fair Exhibition in Miami Beach during Art Basel
- $15,000 in stipends and exhibition fees
- Featured in the ArtSlant Prize Catalogue
- $5000 purchase award and inclusion in the ArtSlant Collection
This year, we are also proud to initiate a Student Track in the ArtSlant Prize. When applying, just select student in the Categories section if you are currently enrolled in a BFA or MFA program. The Student Track will afford special consideration to artists just beginning their career and, if selected, will include consultations with our editorial team.
Learn more about the ArtSlant Prize
Check out the juried winners from Round 1!