“I Love Santa Monica”
“celebrating our city’s beauty, culture, and lifestyle”
Jeanie Madsen Gallery (JMG) will be celebrating Santa Monica’s beauty, culture, and lifestyle with the upcoming Exhibit “I Love Santa Monica”, opening Saturday August 17, 2013. The opening will be a Red Carpet Charity Event featuring local artists and Santa Monica Artwork, as well as a DJ, Live Music, Wine Bar, and more…
Jeanie Madsen, Director and Owner of JMG cordially invites you to submit your Santa Monica artwork for our Juried Show , and the chance to be part of this amazing event on beautiful Ocean Avenue in the heart of Santa Monica overlooking the beach and the iconic Santa Monica Pier.
Artists selected for the Juried Show will be showcased at the Opening of the Exhibit on August 17, 2013 and will have their art displayed in JMG for the duration of the show which runs through September 25, 2013.
In addition to exposure in the “I Love Santa Monica” Exhibit, selected artists will have promotion opportunities in press materials such as photos and video, as well as the possibility of participation in future shows and/or artist representation through JMG.
Guidelines for Submission
- Entry fee is $15 per artwork payable via PayPal http://jeaniemadsengallery.com/artists-submissions-2/ (click on PayPal button).
- A maximum of two artworks per artist will be accepted. ($15/each)
- Submissions may be emailed as early as July 25, 2013 and no later than August 8, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions must contain the following:
- A separate image for each artwork. Images must be in .jpeg format; no more than 72 dpi; and no more than 1000 pix on the longest side.
- The artist’s name, title, size, medium and price of each artwork submitted.
- The artist’s bio, resume and a short paragraph (50-75 words) about the inspiration behind the art.
- The deadline for artwork submissions (jpegs) is Thursday August 8, 2013.
- Acceptable mediums include painting, photography, mixed media, and possibly sculpture.
- If your work is selected, you will be notified via email by Friday August 9, 2013. (If your submissions are received early, you may be notified sooner).
Shipping/Delivery of Artwork to Jeanie Madsen Gallery
If your artwork is selected:
- Please ship or deliver to Jeanie Madsen Gallery, 1431 Ocean Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90401. All artwork must be received no later than Wednesday August 14, 2013. A return shipping label must be included.
- JMG is not responsible for shipping/returning costs, or any damages that may occur in shipping/ returning.
- A tag with the Artist’s Name, the Title, Size, Medium, and Price clearly written/typed must be included.
- Each piece of work must be signed with the title on the back and artist’s signature on either front or back.
We are excited to see your entries! Thank you all for your interest and good luck!