Minnesota Historical Society (MHS), MN
The Minnesota Historical Society (MHS) seeks applicants for an Associate Graphic Designer to design and produce Minnesota Historical Society's informational and promotional publications including publication planning, designing, division/department staff consultation or coordination, printing, proofreading and quality control. This is a full-time, regular position (2,088 annual hours) located at the History Center in St Paul, MN.
Summary of Work: Responsibilities include: 1) leads design of print materials (including brochures, flyers, posters, etc.) consistent with program objectives, brand guidelines and budgetary constraints; 2) provides for the day-to-day production of print publication activities; 3) obtains photography for publications, assists in photo research, maintains familiarity with photo collection and scans appropriate photos for publication use; 4) writes print specifications, prepare requests for bids, and review print proposals consistent with Society bid guidelines; and 5) clarifies to other staff members the institutional identity guidelines for Society print publications.
- Bachelor's degree plus three years of experience or equivalent OR an advanced degree plus two years program experience or equivalent. Applicant will need to present a portfolio of work.
- Three to five years of experience in graphic design or print production and Macintosh based design/layout programs (Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Proven design or production experience in seeing projects from conception to completion and the ability to organize simultaneous projects, set priorities, develop budgets and meet deadlines while managing creative ideals.
- Keyboarding skills and demonstrated ability to use a computer for word processing, desktop publishing and databases.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention-to-detail and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and with high work standards and tight time deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined and be able to work with others as a team.
- Must be able to work successfully with a diverse group of Society staff, freelance writers, printers and designers.
- Proven design and desktop publishing experience in a variety of print formats from brochures to advertisements.
- Experience with a variety of printing processes and technology.
- Experience with a non-profit organization.
- Experience with trouble-shooting Macintosh and/or IBM compatible computers in the work place.
Salary: $3,150.00 monthly minimum.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received or post-marked no later than February 26, 2013.
To Apply: Send an MHS application, cover letter, resume, and a link to online portfolio or design samples to: Minnesota Historical Society, Human Resources Department, #1029 Associate Graphic Designer position, 345 Kellogg Blvd W, St Paul MN 55102. To be considered an applicant, you must submit all requested materials. If you fail to do this, your application materials will not be accepted and your materials will be returned. If submitting materials for more than one position, provide an MHS application, cover letter and resume for each position. Applicants who are offered employment will be subject to passing a background check as a condition of employment. For an application, see our website atwww.mnhs.org/about/jobs or call MHS Job Line 651-259-3181. EEO
Your application will be acknowledged
- No phone calls please -