The ar/ge kunst Galerie Museum is an institution for contemporary and critical art and architecture, removed from any commercial activity. It is defined as a place for the presentation and production of new forms of artistic and cultural practise which refer to sociopolitical memes. The ar/ge kunst is intended as a spot and meeting place for people interested in contemporary culture, and therefore focuses on its role as a forum for enabling an active exchange with contemporary art. A varied programme of exhibitions and other presentations makes up its overall framework. This programme consists of up to five major exhibitions per year, along with supporting events and presentations with international art critics, curators and experts.
The main interest of the institution is to help uncover innovative artistic positions reaching beyond short-term trends and to present international as well as regional artists who reveal an independent artistic approach to current and relevant issues regarding our society and environment. Within this definition, an experimental and interdisciplinary approach is of great interest.
The ar/ge kunst Galerie Museum was founded in 1985 as a private association in Bozen (Bolzano), in order to promote contemporary art. The relevant persons involved in organizing the gallery's activities are the Artistic Director (the position to be filled), the Chief Executive and the board, which is made up of a President and five board members. The office and exhibition space of the ar/ge kunst Galerie Museum consist of approximately 150 square meters in size and is located in the historic centre of Bolzano.
Duties of the position:
• Program planning comprised of self-reliant pursuits as well as a program presentation in front of the entire board;
• exhibition planning comprised of self-reliant curatorial activity as well as the management;
• supervision of ar/ge kunst Galerie Museum publications;
• art mediation: comprised of an experimental, innovative and discursive strategy for mediation;
• press and public relations;
• expansion of relevant contacts within the art world;
• management and organisation.
• Relevant background (regarding exhibition management and art theory/art history/art sciences or equivalent);
• pertinent international experience within the art world;
• prior work experience in analogous structures;
• language skills: German and/or Italian as well as English;
• ability to pursue to independent and self-reliant activity; self-confident manner;
• organisation and communication skills as well as project and budget management skills;
• forward-thinking and flexible attitude as well as ability to improvise as needed.
• Reliability, loyalty and integrity;
• commitment, interest and persistence;
• teamwork ability.
Please submit applications in German or Italian language before 31 January 2013 to Ms. Karin Welponer, President of the ar/ge kunst Galerie Museum, Via Museo 29, I-39100 Bozen (Bolzano) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following documents should be included with the application:
• Detailed curriculum vitae with photo;
• reference report regarding prior work experience (e.g. self-reliantly implemented exhibitions and cultural projects);
• cover letter regarding contemporary exhibition strategy (approximately 1–2 pages in A4 format).
We guarantee fully confidential treatment of all documents received.
The application documents will, however, not be returned.
Download the e-flux iPad App Share this