Artists are asked to submit for consideration two and three-dimensional work (including ofrendas/altars) that examines rituals honoring the deceased and/or pays tribute to departed ancestors. Interactive and interpretive works will be particularly encouraged.
All submissions must be received by Monday July 16, 2012 by 5pm PST. A maximum of six (6) submissions from each artist will be reviewed. All submissions must be the artist’s original work.
To be considered, ALL The following information must accompany the submission:
1. Artist’s Name: first and last name,
2. Contact Info: 2a. Email address; 2b. Telephone number; 2c. Mailing Address
3. Artwork Info: 3a. Title of work; 3b. year executed; 3c. media; 3d. dimensions
4. Artist Statement: A few words on the piece and how it is related to the Sacred Memories theme.
Artists who wish their entries be returned to them must include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Submissions will be accepted in the following formats:
· Digital images, i.e. jpeg format (hi-res jpeg 2-3MB is the preferred format)
· Photographic prints
· Please do not mail or drop off original work.
CD or prints should be mail to:
Sacred Memories Submission
History Division, El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historical Monument
125 Paseo de la Plaza, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Hi-Res jpeg (2-3MB) can be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All email submissions MUST HAVE the following SUBJECT LINE to be considered :
“Sacred Memories 2012: SUBMISSION”
Artists whose work is accepted for the exhibit will be notified by end of August. Upon notification, images of accepted work may be used in the exhibition’s publicity.