Gallery Nucleus is excited to be hosting “SWEET STREETS,” a fanciful exhibition that will take inspiration from the Japanese fashion subculture.
Rather than follow trends, the youth of Harajuku have blazed a fashion movement. By mixing old with the new while customizing and combining the homemade with designer labels, their looks result in the unexpected and avant-garde. Art-inspired fashions and fashion-inspired art is one of the most creative symbiotic relationships of our generation. Co-curated by CARO, over 40 artists will contribute to this event in celebrating imagination and originality.
- Free exhibition music samplers to the first 100 attendees.
- Dress up to receive 15% off select store merchandise.
- Artist & Harajuku girls in attendance.
- Music from the streets of Tokyo.
- Refreshments & snacks served.
- Admission is free.
Yumiko Kayukawa CARO
Laura Laine Thomas Han