July 17, 2013
Managing Modality is a group show of modally oriented sculpture, photography, and painting. In a crude nutshell, a modality is the particular way in which something—a statement or a state of affairs—exists. Consider the following statements.
(1) A cube has six sides, necessarily.
(2) A photograph is a photograph, unless otherwise noted.
(3) Labor and fantasy, if physically concealed, create fiction.
(4) Black is beautiful.
(5) Napoleon was unaware of either 1980’s fluorescent surf culture or doomsday mythologies.
(6) Lukas Fiala has been totally incommunicado for over two months.
Please contact PØST for any further questions.