THE VERNON DAVIS FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS & GALLERY 85 ! INSPIRE NEW WAYS OF THINKING ABOUT ART & THE ENVIRONMENT
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: APRIL 10, 2014
EXHIBITION DATES: MAY 1 to JUNE 26, 2014 !
The ‘RETHINKIT’ exhibit is an opportunity to showcase artwork which inspires new ways of thinking about art and the environment. Whether it’s the use of reused or recycled materials or the visual representation of discarded materials, we encourage Bay Area artists to submit images of your work for review. There is no entry fee for submissions but there is a maximum of three pieces for each artist and please carefully follow the guidelines in the artist checklist below.
EXHIBITION – Bay area artists over the age of 18 are invited to send one email with up to three digital files of artwork for review. The email address is exhibits@Gallery85.org.The subject line of your email should say, “RETHINKIT”. The body of your email should include your name, address, email and phone number as well as the size, medium, date of completion and retail price of the artwork. Please include a brief artist statement as well as a brief narrative description for each piece. Also, please include your website address if one is available. Artist will be emailed notification of acceptance into the exhibit by April 17, 2014.
DIGITAL FILES -- All entries must include one high-res image file of each piece of artwork you are submitting including the frame if applicable. Each image should not exceed 1mb. These images will help us keep track of your submissions and ensure that they are reviewed properly. Details about the digital submissions are outlined below.
AGREEMENT -- Submssion of digital files and accepted artwork shall constitute an agreement on the part of the artist to comply with the conditions set forth in this prospectus, including the following: no work accepted for this exhibition may be withdrawn prior to the close of the exhibition.
Permission to reproduce the artwork for publicity or educational purposes is granted. All decisions of the curatorial team are final. Works that have previously been exhibited are eligible for the show, but also need to be submitted through this process. Artwork needs to be delivered to Gallery 85 no later than April 25th, 2014 and picked up by June 29, 2014 or arranged for temporary storage with the Gallery.
1. One email with up to three attachments to email@example.com
2. Subject line of email “RETHINKIT”
3. Body of email to include:
• Artist name • Address • Email • Phone number • Artists statement -- 200 words or less • Image no. 1 -- size, medium, date of completion, retail price of artwork, 200 words or less about inspiration for the artwork • Image no. 2 –size, medium, date of completion, retail price of artwork, 200 words or less about inspiration for the artwork • Image no. 3 –size, medium, date of completion, retail price of artwork, 200 words or less about inspiration for the artwork • Artist’s website if applicable
3. Digital attachments
• Up to three digital images as attachments • Each digital file must be in jpg format and not to exceed 1mb in size. • Each image must be titled with the artist’s name, title of the work, and framed size of the
painting in inches, (H x D x W). Name the digital files as follows;
1_artistname_title of work_size of work.jpg
2_artistname_title of work_size of work.jpg
information is noted in your email.
3_artistname_title of work_size of work.jpg
• Abbreviate the “title of work” as needed on the digital file name, but be sure complete
4. Accepted Artwork
• All artwork must be delivered signed and ready to hang to Gallery 85 no later than April 25, 2014
• Wiring must be secure and compatible with the gallery’s hanging system
• A label should be lightly secured to the back of each piece of artwork and include the price, artists name, phone, email address as well as the artwork title, size, medium and retail price.
• Unsold atwork must be picked up from Gallery 85 by June 29 or arrange for storage with gallery
• April 10 -- Firm deadline for all submissions
• April 17-- Artists notified of acceptance for RETHINKIT
• April 25-- Artwork delivery deadline
• May 1 – Exhibit opening
• May 1 through June 26 --Exhibit
• June 29 -- Artist pick up artwork or arrange with Gallery 85 for temporary storage