Call for Submission: SACRED MEMORIES 2013 Art Exhibition: Deadline Extended July 15, 2013
El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historical Monument and El Pueblo Park Association will be presenting an art exhibit entitled SACRED MEMORIES: Contemporary and Cross Cultural Expressions of Day of the Deadfrom October 25 to November 24, 2013. Sacred Memories will explore the world’s rituals that venerate the departed including Dia de los Muertos, first observed by the indigenous people of Latin America, China’s Qingming, Korea’s Chuseok, and other rituals practiced in United States, Europe, Africa and the Caribbean.
Artists are asked to submit two and three-dimensional work (including ofrendas/altars) that examines rituals honoring the deceased and/or pays tribute to departed ancestors. Interactive and interpretive works will be particularly encouraged.
DEADLINE: All submissions must be received byMonday July 15, 2013 by 5pm PST
A maximum of six (6) submissions from each artist.
All submissions must be the artist’s original work.
The following information MUST accompany each work of art submitted:
1. Artist’s Name: first and last name
2. Contact Info: 2a. Email address; 2b. Telephone number; 2c. Mailing Address
3. Artwork Info: 3a. Title of work; 3b. year executed; 3c. media; 3d. dimensions
4. Artist Statement: A few words on the piece and how it is related to the Sacred Memories theme.
Submissions will be accepted in the following formats for Mail-In or Email Submissions:
- Digital images, i.e. jpeg format (hi-res jpeg 2-3MB is the preferred format. Please be sure to have good quality images and the colors represent the true color of the artwork.)
- Photographic prints
- Please do not mail or drop off original work.
- Artists who wish their entries be returned to them must include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
MAIL-IN SUBMISSION: CD or prints should be mail to:
Sacred Memories Submission
El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historical Monument
125 Paseo de la Plaza, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90012
EMAIL SUBMISSION: Hi-Res jpeg (2-3MB) can be submitted via email to: email@example.com.
All email submissions MUST HAVE the following SUBJECT LINE to be considered :
SACRED MEMORIES 2013: Artist Submission
You must use this exact subject line for email submissions will be pulled and sorted by this exact subject headline SACRED MEMORIES 2013: Artist SubmissionWe are not responsible for email submissions that might fall or misplaced into the Spam folder. Once your submission is received and processed, you will receive a confirmation email that your submission has been received from (1-2weeks from submission date). All submissions must be received byMonday July 15, 2013 by 5pm PST
Artists whose work is accepted for the exhibit will be notified by the end of August. Upon notification, images of accepted artwork may be used in the exhibition’s publicity.
For more information, please call (213) 485-8437 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.