One of my proudest paintings, Liberation Road, inspired by an old photo of my beautiful great grandmother, and our family history in the last century which had brought much suffering to Chinese people, rich and poor, was included in Artist Portfolio Magazine Publication's second anniversary issue.
I incorporated elements of destruction into the painting, with a large road sign "Liberation Road" occupying the center of the canvas:
Oil on Canvas
18" x 24"
Completed in 2010
This painting was just published by Artist Portfolio Magazine in their 11th issue, in June 2013:
Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- "Diptych - Dawn" Won Another Award
- Editor's Choice Award for "The Song of Orpheus" - Artist Portfolio Magazine
- Another Award for a Drawing
- Editor's Award on Artist Portfolio Magazine, Published by My Art Contest
- One More Award from ArtSlant Showcase Competition
- Honorable Mentioned in A Juried Competition
- List of Video Presentation of My Artworks