This holiday season, we are inviting local artists to create their own artistic interpretations of “Give Joy” in various The Body Shop store windows in 10 different cities across the county. The event will take place on Saturday, November 19th, 2011 between the hours of 11:00AM – 6:00PM.
We are now ready to officially accept submissions for artist entries in Los Angeles! Please see an overview of the event below:
- Bloggers in 10 cities across the country are invited to enter local artists in their city to win the opportunity to appear and create their artistic interpretation of “Give Joy” in the store window of a The Body Shop store in their area. All bloggers must submit artist entries by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH.
- The Body Shop team will then make the final selection of 10 artists who will be invited to participate in the “Give Joy” Through Art: Artist Live Windows Events in each of the 10 cities across the country (one artist per store, one store per city). The Body Shop will notify all bloggers that submitted the artists selected to participate in the events by TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH.
- Following the “Give Joy” Through Art: Artist Live Windows Event on Saturday, November 19th, the artwork created by the artists in each of the 10 participating store locations/cities will be posted on The Body Shop Facebook page, where fans of The Body Shop along with fans/supporters of each artist will be encouraged to vote for their favorite “Give Joy” artwork online! THE WINNING ARTIST SECURING THE MOST VOTES ON FACBOOK WILL BE AWARDED WITH $1,000 WORTH OF ART SUPPLIES!
- All 10 artists selected to participate in the “Give Joy” Through Art: Artist Live Windows Events will also be given the opportunity to donate their artwork to a local charitable organization of their choice.
Please see below for further details on artist entry deadlines and official rules/ guidelines for THE BODY SHOP “Give Joy” Through Art: Artist Live Windows Event. Please let me know if you would like any additional information or have any questions about the information contained within this email and I would be more than happy to discuss the event further and address any questions you may have.
PARTICIPATION RULES & GUIDELINES
- ARTIST’S ARTWORKS CREATED AT ALL THE BODY SHOP “GIVE JOY” THROUGH ART: ARTIST LIVE WINDOWS EVENTS MUST BE PRODUCED ON A CANVAS USING ONE OF THE FOLLOWING (OR SIMILAR) MEDIUMS; ACRYLIC, OIL COLOR, PENCIL, PAINT, CRAYON, ETC., OR OTHER APPROVED MATERIALS.
- ARTISTS MUST PLAN/ TIME THE CREATION OF THE ARTWORKS TO LAST THROUGHOUT (OR AS CLOSE TO) THE ALLOTTED TIME OF THE EVENT (11:00AM – 6:00PM).
- ALL ARTISTS SELECTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT MUST BE PREPARED TO BRING AND USE THEIR OWN ART SUPPLIES DURING THE EVENT (I.E. CANVAS, EASEL, PAINT, ETC.)
- THE GOAL OF THE EVENT IS TO ATTRACT ATTENTION FROM PASSERS BY AND NEARBY PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC TO THE BODY SHOP STORES --- WE ARE LOOKING FOR VIBRANT, BOLD AND FESTIVE ARTWORKS THAT ARE STRIKING ENOUGH TO BE SEEN FROM THE STORE WINDOWS!
- ALL PARTICIPATING ARTISTS MUST AGREE TO DONATE ARTWORK COMPLETED AT THE EVENT TO A CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION. ARTISTS MUST ALSO AGREE TO HAVE THEIR ARTWORK FEATURED ONLINE (VIA THE BODY SHOP)
ARTIST SUBMISSIONS ENTRY GUIDELINES
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED, BLOGGERS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ON BEHALF OF ALL ARTISTS INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING BY FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH, 2011:
- TWO PIECES OF PREVIOUS ARTWORK (MUST BE SENT DIGITALLY)
- A BRIEF BIO ON ARTIST’S CAREER, EDUCATION, PAST AWARDS/ RECOGNITIONS/ ACHIEVEMENTS, ETC. (BIO MUST BE NO MORE THAN 150 WORDS PER APPLICANT)
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE DETAILS OF PREVIOUS EDUCATION AND DEGREES FROM ACCREDITED ART SCHOOL AND/OR OTHER RELEVANT EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
***ENTRIES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO EMMA GARNER AT BRATSKEIR PUBLIC RELATIONS VIA EMAIL AT EGARNER@BRATSKEIR.COM.