Julian Kimmings is a Yorkshire born artist now residing in Chester, England.
Julian graduated in 1997 with a BA (hons) in Illustration, at that time having artwork exhibited at the ICA, London. Shortly after graduation he pursued a career of over a decade in design, only starting to paint again at the latter end of 2008.
Julian's themes are born from a childhood consumed by sci-fi, comic books, cartoons and graffiti. Often conceived in varying combinations of aerosol, acrylics paint, ink, graphite and/or emulsion on various surfaces including canvas, wood, walls and board his images combine abstract portraiture and hints of pattern, implying a measure of illustrative prose.
His images focus on transparency of the soul, emotions and thoughts, often merged with fragments of folklore or myth and are becoming more desirable with pieces in collections worldwide.
- Urban View Group Show The View Gallery, Bristol - June 2010
- The Beautiful & The Canned Brighton - May 2010
- Golden Lion - Group Show Bristol - March 2010
- Grafik Warfare - Hazardous Waste Graffik Gallery, London - February 2010
- Au Secours - Art For Haiti Blackall Studios, London - February 2010
- The Great Bristol Art Sale Wilder Gallery, Bristol - December 2009
- Fresh Produce - Anno Domini Gallery San Jose, California - December 2009
- Cardboard Shelter Group Exhibition Newcastle upon Tyne - December 2009
- FBBB Group Exhibition Reebok Lounge, London - November 2009
- Editions Christmas Open Exhibition, Liverpool - November 2009
- Odd Bar - Solo Exhibition,Northern Quarter, Manchester - October 2009
- Buy Art Fair, Urbis, Manchester - September 2009
- Oddest Bar - Solo Exhibition, Chorlton, Manchester - September 2009
- Ye Cracke Group Exhibition, Liverpool - July 2009
- Weapon of Choice Group Exhibition, Bristol - June 2009
- Upfest Artists Group Exhibition, Tobacco Factory, Bristol - June 2009
- CutClick Anniversary Exhibition, Abbey Walk Gallery, Grimsby - May 2009
- Rowan Gallery, Mold - May 2009