“Frozen spring” collection was inspired by the arctic vortex visiting New York City past winter. The artistic influence behind this flower imagery stems from my deep appreciation for the simple, the untainted and the unadulterated beauty found in nature and the logistic restrictions influenced by weather. These captured flowers exemplify growth and renewal struggling from under the freezing effects of global warming.
Experiments with liquids, flowers and freezing temperatures produced unique works that were captured in photography studio empower me to show beauty created by forces of nature.
About the artist
Zina Zinchik is a self taught artist who lives and work from West New York, NJ and specializing in fine art photography. She picked up camera in her late 20th to pursue passion for photography she enrolled into countless art classes and participated in workshops with globally accomplished photographers.
Last winter, amused by extremely cold temperatures brought into New York city by arctic vortex, she become to experiment with ice and frozen flowers creating “Frozen spring” collection. The artistic influence behind this flower imagery stems from deep appreciation for the simple, the untainted and the unadulterated beauty found in nature and the logistic restrictions influenced by weather.
Her work have been printed in numerous magazines and articles and can be found in private collections around the globe.
- Art Expo NY
- 2014 International Art Festival Competition
- Juried B&H Portfolio Development Exhibition at Soho Photo gallery(NYC)
- “Vulnerability vs Strength” by Linus Galleries (CA)
- “Flower Power 2014” by 1650Gallery (Los Angeles, CA)
- "Make Believe" by Darkroom Gallery (Essex Jct., VT)
- Group show at TownHouse art gallery (Brooklyn, NY)
- "Art that Lifts Our Spirits" (Manhattan Art Group)