NatHalie Braun Barends
(also known as Petsiré, BHêtziré, Hetziré, at al, H)
Selected Activities - Exhibitions (with catalog *)
-* Exhibition of Paintings at "Rudolf Steiner Haus", Berlin, Germany
-* Exhibition of Paintings at "Fondazione Oddi", Palazzo Oddo, Albenga, Italy
-* Exhibition at "Alter Garnisonfriedhor", Berlin - Works on Space Blanket
- HDreams Performance at Heidelberg Castle - Germany
- HDreams Performance at Black Forest, Freiburg - Germany
- HDreams Performance at Ramadan Opening, Mannheim - Germany
- HDreams Performance on Gondola, Bamberg - Germany
-* Exhibition of Revealing Paintings at "Künstlerforum", Bonn, Germany.
-* Exhibition of Revealing Paintings at "Museum Altes Dampfbad", Baden Baden, Germany.
- HUms Project, Presentation and Performances in Venice during the "55th Venice Biennale"
- HDreams Project Presentation and Performances at Monastero San Nicolò during the "55th Venice Biennale"
- HDreams Presentation at the Casinò, during the International Film Festival, Lido di Venezia
- HDreams Performances along Canal Grande, Venice
- Hotel Monaco& Gran Canal, Venice, Invitation for HDreams Project and HBed Presentation
- HDreams Project Presentation and Performances at Isola San Giorgio
- Gran Caffé Lavena Invitation and concert dedicated to HDreams project and HBed Performance
- Piazza San Marco HDreams Performances at Caffé Florian and Caffè Quadri
- HDreams Project Presentations, Performances and Desert Cloud WorksHop at Monastero delle Suore Maestre di Santa Dorotea, Venice, Italy
- Invitation for Lighting Design Project at Berlin Leuchtet
-HBeing Performances invitation at Beyeler Foundation, during Art Basel
-* Exhibition of Revealing Paintings at "Miami River Art Fair", Miami, USA.
-* Exhibition of Revealing Paintings at Rayko Alexiev Space, Sofia, Bulgary
- HBridge performances
- Development of Twelfth Project for downtown Dubai, United Arabs Emirates.
- Development of Black Swan Project.
- Creation of Stone CHapel for Santa De Atacalco, Chile
- Creation of Tree AtHelier, Atacalco, Chile
- Development of HOasis Project.
-* Exhibition of Revealing Paintings at "Museo Nazionale di Storia Naturale", Torino, Italy.
-* Exhibition of Revealing Paintings at "Fondazione AEM a2a Casa dell’Energia di Milano", Milan, Italy
- Workshop sessions of Painted Beings
-* Exhibition of Revealing Paintings at "Italienisches Kulturinstitut Köln", Köln, Germany
- HBridge performances
- Workshop sessions of Painted Beings: Istanbul, Turkey; M Castle, Italy; Pointe St. Denis, Gabon.
-* Exhibition of "Revealing Paintings" and interactive concept for H light installation at "Istituto Italiano di Cultura di Praga", Praha, Czech Republic
- Development of interactive Reflections concept, during "Istanbul Biennale", Istanbul, Turkey
-* Exhibition of photography and light installation at "Sala delle Colonne", Castello del Valentino, Turin, Italy
- Realization of HRE&L Project: H Being in Valle Nevado, Chile; H Map and H Being in Atacalco, Chile in collaboration with ML
- Development of a book as art work: Theme: H House de Cirambaí
- Workshop sessions "Just Before Leaving" of "Painted Beings": M at Valle del Elqui, EK at La Serena, Chile, and H at Monastery San Jose and at H Alcaraz in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Development of Concept "Painted Beings" for "Cuerpos Pintados"
- Development and production of H Book and film "Descubriendo la Identidad - Discovering Identity – Die Entdeckung der Identität: In Honor to Werner Barends"
- "Aktuelle Kunst in Mannheim von der Industriestrasse zum Schloss" - ArtScoutOne Exhibition of Contemporary Art in Mannheim, Germany
- Exhibition of paintings at "Curator's Choice", Swiss Art Institution, Forsthausvilla Karlsruhe
-* Individual exhibition of H Paintings, H Photos, H Films, website and light installation "Descubriendo la Identidad – Discovering Identity – Die Entdeckung der Identität: In Honor to Werner Barends", Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes MNBA, Santiago/Chile.
-* Individual exhibition of H Paintings, H Photos, H Films, website and light installation "Descubriendo la Identidad – Discovering Identity – Die Entdeckung der Identität: In Honor to Werner Barends", Museo de Arte Contemporaneo, Valdivia/Chile.
- Film of Wedding Performance Orient / Occident, Istanbul.
- Individual exhibition of Discovering Identity: Revealing Images, Revealing Paintings, Video and Light Installations“ @ Römischer Hof/Vivico Real Estate, Unter den Linden, Berlin.
- Individual Exhibition of "Revealing Paintings" & "Light Installations", P 13: Raum für Kunst und Kultur, Heidelberg.
- Individual exhibition of "Revealing Images" & "Revealing Paintings", H-Space, Nikolaikirchplatz, Berlin.
- "Revealing Images: Homage to Werner Barends", Verena Foundation, Kamini Port, Hydra/Greece.
- "Revealing Images" and "Reise ins Wir" in coopoeration with Rodolphe von Gombergh (Paris), VIP Programm @ Art Basel, Badischer Bahnhof, Basel.
- Concept for "Barents Boat" - Natural World Museum exhibition in Oslo/Norway.
- "PHaradise: Homage to Aniela Braun“, Permanent "HLight Installation" in the dome and the skylights of the Hermann-Billing construction of the Kunsthalle Mannheim, in dialogue with James Turrell's light installation, "Four Eyes".
- "100 Years Kunsthalle Mannheim"
- Concept for "HLight Project" and "HOrient Ring".
- Presentation of "HDesign" furniture in collaboration with BASF Aktiengesellschaft, Ludwigshafen, at the Kunsthalle Mannheim.
- Production of "VLA Videos & Images" in collaboration with Rodolphe von Gombergh, Paris - France.
- "HHole (for MannHeim), 2006-∞". Permanent multimedia and multidimensional light installation / Work in Progress, created as part of the exhibition "Full House: Gesichter einer Sammlung/Faces of a Collection", Kunsthalle Mannheim.
- Production of "HOpi Barends Film", Santiago/Chile.
- Mobile HFilm Nuits Blanches, Centre Pompidou, Paris/France.
- HLaser, Kunsthalle Mannheim; Art Basel; Verena Foundation Hydra/Greece; H-Space, Berlin; P13, Heidelberg; Römischer Hof/Vivico Real Estate, Berlin.
- HBook under the "Artist in Residence" Program, Kunsthalle Mannheim
- Concept for "Art From Above" with the Symbol of "HMap" (for HAntipode New Zealand Ocean)
- Concept for HBook "HtaeD"
- Desert Cloud Workshop II. (www.desertcloud.net)
- Land for Art World, New York & Connecticut/USA
- HLight Installation for Castillo de Santa Barbara, Symposium Escultura Alicante/Spain
- Concept for HBooks: DEnd, HTrip & HOHOT/Home Hotel
- Lighting Concept and Realization Building facade & Art Walk Pacific Place One Miami, Miami/USA
- *40 artists, 40 years anniversary, MAC -Museum of Contemporary Art, São Paulo/Brazil
- "Interacoes", Multimedia exhibition, M.I.S. -Museum of Image and Sound, São Paulo/Brazil
- Exhibits HPhotos and is curator of happening "Interarte em Siribai", Secretaria de Cultura da Ilhabela/Brazil
- Individual Exhibition with HPhotos at Bayer do Brazil, São Paulo/Brazil
- "Hali-angels", Solo exhibition, Capela do Morumbi Cultural Center, São Paulo/Brazil
- Conception, design and site supervision of the "Halie House of Cirambai" Conceived to be an artist's studio, an optional residence and the future base for the HLife Foundation, Ilhabela, (Beautiful Island) Ponta das Canas, between São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro/Brazil
- Interactive sculpture, photographic installation and workshop for GNT, M.A.M. - Museum of Modern Art in São Paulo/Brazil
-* "The Angels are Back", Exhibition, Pinacoteca do Estado, de São Paulo/Brazil
- "German artists in Brazil", Exhibition, EXPO 2000, Hannover/Germany
- "Hillunion", Solo exhibition, EXPO 2000, Hannover/Germany
- "Halion", Solo exhibition, Brazilian Embassy, Berlin/Germany
- Represents Brazil in Charity exhibition with 156 participating countries for the Nelson Mandela Children Trust Foundation with painted objects, EXPO 2000 - Hannover/Germany
- "Rabra", Solo exhibition with drawings, HPhotos and objects, S'hort Internacional Art Center, Palma de Mallorca/Spain
- *Participation in Exhibition of Gilberto Chateaubriand's Collection, with HPhotos, Ludwig Forum, Aachen/Germany
- "GNT“ Exhibition with paintings and interactive performance, M.I.S. - Museum of Image and Sound, São Paulo/Brazil
- *Exhibition of Gilberto Chateaubriand's Collection, with HPhotos, Haus der Kulturen der Welt, (Former house of Parliament) -Berlin/Germany
- *"H-Installation", Solo exhibition at M.A.M. Museum of Modern Art of Salvador de Bahia/Brazil.
- *"H-Installation", Solo exhibition at M.A.M. -Museum of Modern Art of Pernambuco Aloisio Magalhaes – Recife/Brazil.
- *"H-Installation", Solo exhibition at M.A.M. -Museum of Modern Art of Rio de Janeiro/Brazil
- *Exhibition of "Hillu-Shadows" at H.D.K. – Hochschule der Künste, Berlin/Germany
- *"H-Installation", Solo Exhibition, Curator of happening and piano concert, slide show, poetry and dance performance, M.I.S. -Museum of Image and Sound, São Paulo/Brazil
-"Hillenus", Solo exhibition with photograph installation, Maison de l'Unesco, Paris/France
-Exhibiton uniting the cities of Alphaville and Barueri, Brazil with interactive sculpture at Central Square of Alphaville and interactive performance in Municipal Theatre of Barueri.
-"Hillnus", Photograph Installation at Project Gallery, Banff International Art Center, Banff/Canada
-*Solo Exhibition of paintings, World Trade Center -São Paulo/Brazil.
-"The Desert", Interactive painting Installation & Workshop with the children of the Pastoral do Menor – Djalma at Caracol Cultural Space at EXPO-FAU, University of São Paulo/Brazil.
-"The Runes", Solo exhibition with paintings and interactive sculptures: Transatlantico Cultural Center, São Paulo/Brazil
-Solo Exhibiton at Raiffeisenlandesbank NÖ-Wien AG, Wien/Austria
-*Solo Exhibition at Austrian Cultural Center, Palais Palffy, Wien/Austria
-*"Nascente Prize V", M.A.C. Museum of Contemporary Art, São Paulo/Brazil
-*"Gunther Prize", M.A.C. Museum of Contemporary Art, Ibirapuera/Brazil
-Painting exhibition, A Lanterna Gallery - São Paulo/Brazil
-Solo exhibition of paintings and drawings, Goethe Institut - São Paulo/Brazil
-Exhibition of Paintings, House of Japanese Culture, University of São Paulo/Brazil
HBooks: 2009- Present: The Little Princess HAngel, The Little Princess, The Little Princess Arrives, The Little Princess HDreams
HFilms: HDreams, HBridges Performances, TreuH Schwann, "Die Reise ins Wir"
-HBeing, HFlag and HBridges at Mt. Saint Michel, France; Venice, Italy.
-HAction at: Sylt, Germany.
Castillo Santa Barbara - Alicante, Spain
Light installation project
Buffalo Bayou - Texas, USA
Redevelopment plan of landscape park in the heart of Houston [on-going project]
PS1 -(MOMA) Contemporary Art Museum - New York, USA Exterior lighting
Lille Trainstation -France
Event lighting for one year exhibit
Belfry of Bethune -France
Event lighting in the scope of Lille 2004
Mont Saint-Eloi -France
Event lighting in the scope of Lille 2004
Musée des Arts Décoratifs de Paris -Paris, France
Design for 7 monumental chandeliers for the main Atrium space
FAAP University -São Paulo, Brazil
Exterior and main atrium
Bard Theater -New Yok, USA
1000 seats auditorium - site supervision (Architect: Frank Gehry)
Columbus Circle -New York, USA
Design concept for the monument and the exterior plaza public space (Landscape: Olin & Partners)
Hôtel Georges V -Paris, France
Jean Georges Restaurant, 66 Leonard -New York, USA Design concept and light fixtures (Architect: Richard Meier)
Kenzo -Paris, France
Opening event for new perfume launch (Architect: Patrick Jouin)
One Miami -Miami, USA
Building facade & A virtual fountain for art walk
Pacific Place -Hong Kong
Photographic wall and project concept for shopping Mall
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts -Virginia, USA
Renovation of building
Wolfsonian Museum -Miami, USA
Renovation of building
New York Jets Stadium -New York, USA
Design concept for building facade
West Indian Cayman -Cayman Islands
Town development project
2004 - present
H Life Foundation
2001 - present
Halie Light International, Inc. -New York, USA
President of the firm, Artist, Designer and Consultant
2001 - 2005
L'Observatoire International, Inc. -New York, USA
Co-president, Designer and Consultant
1996 - 2001
U.S.P. - University of São Paulo, Brazil
Strictu Sensu Masters degree in Communication and Arts with Dr. Prof. Manuel Moran (equals Doctor degree in USA)
S'hort Internacional Art Center Palma de Mallorca, Spain: Artist invited for residency by mecenas Margarita Nigorra
HDK Fine Arts Academy of Berlin, Germany: Invited artist for exchange program
Banff International Art Center, Canada: Invited artist for self directed residency
Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna, Austria: Invited artist and residency with Dr. Prof. Franz Mairinger
U.S.P. University of São Paulo, Brazil: Sculpture of the 20th Century, and Art History with Dr. Prof. Daisy Peccinini
U.N.I.P. Paulista University, São Paulo, Brazil Latu Sensu degree in International Marketing (equals Master degree in USA)
Istituto per L'Arte e Restauro, Florence, Italy / Drawing and Painting
U.N.I.P. Paulista University, São Paulo, Brazil
NatHalie also participates in various socio-ecological projects such as Operation Raleigh, The World Game Institute, Aliança Internacional do Animal, Nelson Mandela Children Trust, Pastoral do Menor Djalma, Alcatrazes Project and the PlantAr Project since 1989. Her cultural travels around the world are important sources of reference and inspiration.
NatHalie is fluent in German, Spanish, English, Portuguese, Italian and French. However, art has been her favored means of expression since her youngest age.