Born in 1980, Iztok Klančar studied art history both in Berlin as well as in his home country of Slovenia, and earned his Bachelor of Photography from the Royal Academy of Art in The Hague. Currently based in Utrecht, he has participated in several group exhibitions throughout the Netherlands, including last year’s Pop-up Pride in Amsterdam and Steenbergen Stipend at the Nederlands Fotomuseum in 2012.
Iztok Klančar CV
B. Trbovlje - Slovenia, 1980
- Ten Haaf Projects Amsterdam, "My Men", "Afterlife" and "Destroy Everything You Touch"
- You Made Me Love You, Derde Wal Nijmegen - "My Men" and "Destroy Everything You Touch"
- Pride Pop-up, Amsterdam – "My Men"
- 14th International Feminist and Queer Festival Red Dawns, Ljubljana – "My Men"
- Plat(t)form 2013, Fotomuseum Winterthur
- Now or never #2, GEM, The Hague – "My Men"
- Graduation show, KABK – Royal Academy of Art, The Hague - "My Men"
- “Storing” student group show, De Hoop, Den Haag
- Steenbergen prize nomination, group show at the Nederlands Fotomuseum, Rotterdam, project “My Men”
- Nomination for the thesis prize
- Bandits-Mages Festival, Bourges, FR, selected in category student films, short film “Home Away”
- EYE Film institute Netherlands - documentation collection, "My Men"
- Photography / KABK – Royal Academy of Art, The Hague (2008 – 2012)
- Art History / Faculty of Arts, Ljubljana (BA in 2006)
- Art History / Freie Universität, Berlin (one semester in 2004)
- I. gimnazija v Celju (Grammar School), Celje, SLO (graduated in 1998)