Marcelo Holzinger was born in Argentina, and has over 20 years of combined experience as an artist, graphic designer and interior decorator. He began cultivating his artistic talents at a young age – he was naturally drawn to beauty, nature, art, and music. Marcelo states: “I feel like I was born loving beauty. I have always been attracted to art, and it's always been a part of who I am.”
In his early pre-teen period, Marcelo and his family experienced a lot of adversity. This period of hardship deepened his sense of compassion, and would help shape his lifetime of interest in helping others. Overcoming the obstacles that he faced during this time helped solidify Marcelo’s belief that anything is possible in life. He learned to consistently put his best into everything he did, and to always pursue his passions and dreams.
Marcelo enrolled in drawing classes, and he later attended college in Buenos Aires, where he earned a degree in Advertising and Design. While in college, he worked his way up in an advertising agency, becoming its Art Director. He also taught Graphic Arts at the University of Buenos Aires.
His dreams led him abroad, where he explored other parts of the world. In his early 20's, he traveled extensively throughout South America, Europe and the United States. The mix of cultures, the history, the timeless art, the wonderful architecture, and especially the people that he encountered greatly impacted him as a person, and as an artist.
After having these intense experiences, Marcelo embarked on an even bigger challenge; in the mid 90’s he moved to New York – a city he had fallen in love with. Alone, with just a backpack, his CD player and an English dictionary, he turned obstacles into opportunities; he worked as a graphic designer for various publications and continued to pursue his passion for art and design.
The next stop on his journey was Miami Beach, where he branched out into other forms of artistic expression, including Interior Décor. He expanded and refined his design and artistic skills and became a creative consultant for various businesses and organizations. Next, his professional journey led him to Houston, where he continued evolving as an artist and exhibiting his work.
In the current phase of his artistic progression, Marcelo has returned to Miami, a city whose colors, flavors and energy spark his creativity. He's been working non-stop on various artistic endeavors and his work continues to be exhibited in galleries and prestigious art fairs. With near twenty exhibitions in the year 2012 alone, he’s been very busy contributing to the growth of Miami’s art scene, including his recent feature exhibition at the Miami River Art Fair (Miami Convention Center) during Art Basel 2012, Designer for The Stars showcase at the Miami Home Design Show (Miami Beach Convention Center), Leaders, Legends & Lovelies exhibit (Art Deco Welcome Center), and Masters Mystery Art Show (Ritz-Carlton South Beach), among many others.
Marcelo and his work have been receiving national and international recognition with profiles and features in numerous publications and other media, including The Miami Herald, CNN Español, Univision TV Network, and others.
2013 is shaping up to be another very busy year for Marcelo, including his exhibition in Art Monaco (Grimaldi Forum of Monaco, Monte Carlo), and many other local, national and international exhibits and shows.
Marcelo is a big supporter of charitable causes, and feels very fortunate to be able to give back to the community whenever he can. He is thankful for having the ability to dream without limits, love deeply, be endlessly adventurous, and have a zest for life. Marcelo says: "I feel blessed. I'm still growing, evolving, learning, and always exploring different things. I paint, design, create, and dream with passion . . . and with the intention of living every single moment of my life to the fullest."
I paint from the inside out. My abstracts come from raw emotion; they are visually strong in texture and color with vibrant and dynamic compositions. I use color and texture to express my soul; painting fills me with a sense of accomplishment, wholeness and purpose, and has proven to be the best medium for translating my inner passion and vision out to the world.
When I’m in the creative flow of a new art piece, I become the instrument and the facilitator. I feel as though the work is moving me toward an unknown destination. I am an action painter – I am guided by my mood, feelings and instincts, without any pre-conceived notion of where the piece will end up.
I want to bring more beauty into the world. Beauty, Passion and Love are my greatest inspirations, and I work to strengthen their presence in the world through my paintings. My artistic goal is for my work to be a catalyst – to provide every person the chance to have a unique encounter with my paintings, and to welcome whatever thoughts, feelings and sensory reactions emerge. It’s a great honor to participate in someone’s experience in such a personal way.
2013 • The Wynwood Lofts Art Complex. (January-March). Miami, FL.
2012 • Miami River Art Fair - Art Basel week 2012 week. In Alliance with ART Monaco. Miami Convention Center, James L. Knight International Center (December). Miami, FL.
2012 • Epic Hotel Miami. "Beauty Bash" Fashion, Beauty & Art Show (December). Miami, FL.
2012 • Fort Lauderdale Home Design Show. "Design for the Stars." Showcasing original paintings at Broward Convention Center (November). Fort Lauderdale, FL.
2012 • The Wynwood Lofts Art Complex (October-November). Miami, FL.
2012 • Gallery 101. "PinkOut: Breast Cancer Fundraiser" (September). Fort Lauderdale, FL.
2012 • Gallery 101. North Beach Fort Lauderdale Art Walk (August-September) Fort Lauderdale, FL.
2012 • Miami Home Design Show. "Design for the Stars" - Miami Beach Convention Center (August-September). Miami Beach, FL.
2012 • Bacchanalia. The Food and Wine Festival Art Walk (August). Miami, FL.
2012 • The Wynwood Lofts Art Complex. Wynwood Art Walk (July). Miami, FL.
2012 • Wynwood Walls. "ART: Keeping the World Moving." T.E.A.M. (June). Miami, FL.
2012 • Archidezings Studio. (June-July). Wilton Manors, FL.
2012 • Daas Gallery. Downtown Fort Myers Art Walk (May). Fort Myers, FL.
2012 • The Wynwood Lofts Art Complex. Wynwood Art Walk (April). Miami, FL.
2012 • Art Deco Welcome Center. "Leaders, Legends & Lovelies" (April). Miami Beach, FL.
2012 • FrameWorks. Coconut Grove Art Gallery Walk (March). Coconut Grove, FL.
2012 • The Wynwood Lofts Art Complex. Wynwood Art Walk (February). Miami, FL.
2012 • Gallery 101. North Beach Fort Lauderdale Art Walk (February). Fort Lauderdale, FL.
2012 • Terrell Moore Gallery. "2nd Annual Ellen DeGeneres Art Show" (January). Los Angeles, CA.
2012 • Miami Beach LGBT Visitor Center. Art Exhibition (January). Miami Beach, FL.
2012 • The Wynwood Lofts Art Complex. Wynwood Art Walk (January-February). Miami, FL.
2011 • Miami Beach LGBT Visitor Center. Art Exhibition (December). Miami Beach, FL.
2011 • The Wynwood Lofts Art Complex. Art Basel 2011 week (December). Miami, FL.
2011 • Ritz-Carlton. "Masters Mystery Art Show" - Art Basel 2011 (Nov-Dec). Miami Beach, FL.
2011 • Miami Beach LGBT Visitor Center. "Sleepless Night Miami Beach" (Nov). Miami Beach, FL.
2011 • Rodez Gallery. "The Root of All Things" Hispanic Heritage Month (October). Coconut Grove, FL.
2011 • Gallery 101. North Beach Ft. Lauderdale Art Walk (August-September). Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
2011 • FrameWorks. Coconut Grove Art Gallery Walk (June). Coconut Grove, FL.
2011 • Gab Studios. Wynwood Art Walk (April). Miami, FL.
2011 • Michael Perez Gallery. Midtown/Wynwood (February). Miami, FL.
2011 • Rehs Galleries. New York City (January). New York, NY.
2011 • FrameWorks. Coconut Grove Art Gallery Walk (January). Coconut Grove, FL.
2010 • The Wynwood Lofts Art Complex. Art Basel week (December). Miami, FL.
2010 • Buro Midtown. "Art Miami After Party Art Show." Art Basel week (December). Miami, FL.
2010 • Gab Studios. Wynwood Art Walk (November). Miami, FL.
2010 • The Wynwood Lofts Art Complex. "Mia's Smile" Art Fundraiser (September). Miami, FL.
2010 • Blossom Street Gallery. (March). Houston, TX.
Press / Media
• TV Network Univision 23. (August-September 2012). TV segment. “Artist and Designer Marcelo Holzinger ‘Design For The Stars’ Designs a Room in Honor of News Anchor Eileen Cardet at the Miami Home Design Show - Miami Beach Convention Center.”
• The Miami Herald. (August 2012). Feature Marcelo Holzinger. “Design Professionals Debut Original Room Vignettes for South Florida TV Personalities.”
• Brickell Magazine. (July/August 2012). “Success: Marcelo Holzinger. Pretty Abstract.”
• Gente de Miami Magazine. (May/June 2012). “Art & Culture: Marcelo Holzinger.”
• Examiner. (May 2012). “For Daas Gallery’s Featured Artist Marcelo Holzinger, Paintings is All Evocative.”
• Florida Weekly Fort Myers. (May 2012). “The Art of Marcelo Holzinger - “Beauty l Passion l Dreams.”
• Examiner. (April 2012). “Marcelo Holzinger's Abstract Paintings Reflect His Cosmopolitan Life.”
• Examiner. (April 2012). “Fresh from Art Basel, Artist Marcelo Holzinger Exhibits at Daas Gallery in May.”
• ArtFest Magazine. (February 2012). “Marcelo Holzinger: A Diverse Artist.”
• SUU Art Magazine - International Library of Art. (December 2011). Collection of Art: Marcelo Holzinger - United States.
• Everything Is Art Magazine. (November 2011). “Featured Talent: Marcelo Holzinger.”
• CNN Espanol. (November 2011). TV interview at “Masters Mystery Art Show” presented by Ritz-Carlton Hotel South Beach.
• Ambiente Magazine. (November 2011). Cover Feature. “Marcelo Holzinger: Marked by the Ability to Create.”
• WeMerge Magazine. (June 2011). “Marcelo Holzinger – Who’s Next GALLERY WINNER.”
• Imagen Magazine. (April 2011). “Marcelo Holzinger – El Arte De Sonar Sin Limites” (“The Art Of Dreaming Without Limits’).
• Mosaic Of Art Radio Show. (March 2011). Radio interview by host, artist and curator George Fishman.
• Going Bonkers Magazine. (February 2011). Author of Article: “The Healing Power Of Art" by Marcelo Holzinger.
• Miami ArtZine. (January 2011). “Artist Spotlight – Marcelo Holzinger.”
• NBC Miami. (January 2011). “Artist Marcelo Holzinger Joins The Eclectic Arts Movement and The No Boundaries Prosthetic Foundation.”
• Out Smart Magazine. (January 2011). “Meet Marcelo Holzinger – An Artist With Heart.”
• The Lead Miami Beach. (December 2010). “GOOD WORKS. For Marcelo Holzinger There Is Beauty Everywhere – To Be Found And Made.”
• Semanario Argentino - Miami. (December 2010). “Marcelo Holzinger. An Argentinean in Art Basel.”
• Diario del Sur. (South Daily – Argentina). (December 2010). “New Logo Designed By Marcelo Holzinger.”
• AEN. Argentina En Noticias (Argentina In The News). (December 2010). “Marcelo Holzinger – An Argentinean in Art Basel.”
• South Time Magazine. (October 2010). “The Art Of Dreaming.”
• Houston Art Examiner.(March 2010). “Erie City Iron Works Building to Host Blossom Street Artists.
Upcoming Exhibitions & Events
April 2013 • Art Monaco International Art Fair. Grimaldi Forum of Monaco, Monte Carlo.
About the fair: "With a reputation known for its artistic caliber and transcendent setting, Art Monaco is pleased to announce its forthcoming edition taking place once again from April 25th to the 28th 2013. Art enthusiasts and luxury lovers will meet in one of the world's most equidistant artistic regions to celebrate the new edition of the contemporary art show in the French Riviera – Art Monaco '13.
Being hosted at what is known to be the "Playground for the Rich and Famous," Art Monaco '13 will invite recognized and established galleries as well as emerging ones from all regions around the globe. The occasion will allow the forthcoming of all individuals to gather around in a social hub with some of the most influential and renowned individuals of our time.
A VIP reception on April 25th, 2013 will kick off the event, followed by three full days of vernissage-style exhibits open to certain exclusive individuals as well as the selective public.
April 2013 • Leaders, Legends & Lovelies - Exhibit, Lectures, Legends Ball. Art Deco Welcome Center. Miami Beach, FL.
May 2013 • Miami Beach Beauty Show. Miami Beach Convention Center. Miami Beach, FL.