Bachelor of Arts California State University, Dominguez Hills 2012
Art History major, Advertising minor
Art History: Latin American Art, Theories of Art Criticism, Art and Social Protest, Asian Art, African Art and Culture, Women in Art, 2D Composition, Early & Late European Art, Contemporary Art and Culture
Advertising: Consumer Behavior, Advertising Strategy & Writing, Advertising & Media, Design Practices
Student Research Day Winner: Humanities Category 2012
College of Arts and Humanities Dean’s List 2012
Winston Hewitt Memorial Scholarship in Art 2010
Contemporary Art Writer platinumcheese.com, Los Angeles, CA Sept 2012-Feb 2013
• Attend contemporary art galleries, opening receptions, and speak with artists around LA to write short reviews/write-ups for platinumcheese.com
Gallery Guide Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions (LACE), Los Angeles, CA Sept 2012-Feb 2013
• As a gallery guide I distribute promotional materials, review and archive press articles related to the LACE organization, research artists relevant to upcoming events, track gallery attendance, and ensure quality of visitors’ experience through knowledge of the exhibits on display.
Intern Research Projects & Programs, Getty Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA 2012-summer
• Researched area universities for courses related to the Getty Conservation Institute / GRI
collaborative project on David Alfaro Siqueiros, and the GRI research project on Harald Szeemann.
• Developed an invitation list for the GRI’s annual graduate student and faculty welcome reception, and for the GRI’s Farewell to Surrealism: The DYN Circle in Mexico exhibition opening reception.
Intern Curatorial Division, Picture Cultural Art Museum, Carson, CA 2012-spring
• Developed and gave tours of museum collections to audiences of all ages and backgrounds.
• Co-authored a critical essay on Cambodian artist Khin You for the Huffington Post; organized and presented research on Khin You.
Gallery Assistant University Art Gallery, CSU Dominguez Hills, Carson, CA 2010-spring
• Managed administrative duties at the reception desk, directed visitors to the exhibition.
• Helped install and de-install exhibitions, prepared labels for objects on display.
Administrative/Office Assistant William and Carol Ouchi High School, Los Angeles, CA 2008-2012
• Performed administrative duties such as placing and receiving phone calls, taking messages, setting up appointments for administrators, translating documents, translating during parent teacher conferences.
• Worked closely with catering company to organize daily meals as well as catering for special events.
• Writing: Published writer focusing on 20th and 21st century art and culture
• Languages: Bilingual in English and Spanish: speaking, reading, writing
• Computer: Comfortable with PC and Mac; computers, tablets, smart phones; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, various email systems; social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs)