My work varies from sculpture, painting, monumental installations and video to text. I explore themes connected with memory, play, repetition, desire, contradiction, aesthetics and value. Using materials such as marble, plaster, cement, fabric, wood, removal blanket, stretch-film, paint, video monitors, solar panel and Perspex among others. Currently I want to examine and foster greater dialogue across different mediums.
2010-11: MA Fine Art, Chelsea College of Art and Design, University of the Arts London
2007-10: BA Hons, Contemporary Fine Art and Philosophy (First Class) Sheffield Hallam University, UK
2005-07: Foundation Studies in Art and Design, Hackney Community College, London UK
2004 The Sedgwick Medal (Awarded for academic success and creative achievement)
2003 Jack Petchey: Achievement Award for Education
- The Muse Gallery, London. January-August.
- Crypt Gallery, Euston, London. One week concluding with a 3-day exhibition. 21-30 July. Between Two Lines.
Recent Solo Exhibition
2014 Reification, The Muse Gallery, London. End of Residency Show
- Part Five, Chapter-Three: The Departure Foundation. Leeds, UK
- The Struggle Continues: Birmingham Project Space, West Midland, UK
2010- New Designs, The Moor, Sheffield UK
Recent Group Exhibition
- Soho Sculpture Prize: Morgan Lovell, London
Selected by Dr Tom Flynn, Nick Hornby, Monica Parker and Patrick McCrae.
- Artworks Open: Barbican Arts Group Trust, London (Catalogue)
Selected by Paul Johnson and David Kefford.
- Artists in Residence: The Muse Gallery, London
- Hot One Hundred: Schwartz Gallery, London
- Centenary Open: The London Group, The Cello Factory, London (Catalogue)
Selected by Jane England, Bruce McLean and Nicholas Usherwood.
- Young Artists: The Station, Bristol, South West England
- Bocs Agored/Open, Bocs: Caernarfon, Wales
- Summer Salon: Islington Arts Factory, London
- Open Cueb, Annual Exhibition: Cueb Gallery, London (Catalogue)
- Royal Academy of Arts: Summer Exhibition. London
- Islington Arts Factory: Summer Salon. London
- Microcosm: Leeds Valley Park, West Yorkshire, UK
- Boeing Way to Gas Street: The Departure Foundation Project Space, Birmingham, UK
- The great Banana Crisis: The Art Lounge, New Mills, Derbyshire, UK
- MA Show: Chelsea College of Art and Design, UAL
- I am not where you are, but you are where I am: Eugène Macki and Ami Kanki, curated by Chloé Hipeau.
Hopkins Parade Ground, Pimlico, London
- Bokfest: Art, Music and Film. Staffordshire, UK
- BA Degree Show: Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Bank Street Arts: State of Solitude. Sheffield, UK
- Yorkshire Arts Space, Persistence Works, Sheffield, UK
- Full Studio Bursary: The Departure Foundation, London
2014 Soho Sculpture Prize, Morgan Lovell, London
2013 White Cube, Mason Yard, London - Open Cube
2012 The Red Mansion Art Prize, China - London
- The Royal Standard Residency, Liverpool, UK
2011 Gilbert de Botton Art Prize, Chelsea College of Art
- Ground of Experimental Activity. Lee Grandjean and Derek Lawson, 5th Base Gallery, London
- Accumulated Comforts: Solo Exhibition by Hermione Allsopp, Four Corners, London
Void Open: Sculpture Exhibition. The show consisted of 51 artworks from 43 artists. Featuring two guests: Lee Grandjean, artist and former Deputy Head of Sculpture at the Royal College of Art and Elaine Wilson, artist and Senior Lecturer in Sculpture at City & Guilds of London Art School. Hoxton Arches Gallery, London. www.voidartgallery.org - Working in Collaboration with Barbara Tong, sculptor.
2010 Sheffield Hallam University - Sculpture, Site Specific Installation (Title: Inside-Out)
2010 Sheffield Hallam University, Installation Occupying three floors (Title: Everyday Auction)