►The Art of Mirjana Milosavljević
► Official Website
► Behance Network
►Mirjana Milosavljević aka Myra Muse is a proficient graphic designer, painter and filmmaker, fitting a unique niche for culturally specific design. She prides herself on art which shows visible effort and detail. Outstanding in multiple design disciplines (drawing, typography and calligraphy, photography, illustrations, advertising graphic, video, media (broadcasting) design; and over 18 years of professional experience gained in applying graphic design in related but various fields of expertise such as: graphic design, advertising graphic design, media, architecture, interior design, photography, electronic media,...
Art for Art's Sake
►18 years of professional experience gained in applying graphic design in related but various fields of expertise such as: pure graphic design, advertising graphic design, media, architecture, interior design, professional photography, electronic media,...
►Regular member of Serbian Association of Applied Arts Artists and Designers (ULUPUDS); Field: Visual Communications within the Graphic Design field, main field: Design; and collective membership in ICSID (International Council of Societies of Industrial Design), ICOGRADA (International Council of Graphic Design Association), WCC (Word Craft Council), AIC (Academie Internationale dela Ceramique), Graphic Design Professional Group (San Francisco, USA), Wolda (The Worldwide Logo Design Annual), Media Professionals Worldwide (Mumbai, India), Film and Television Professionals (Vancouver, Canada ), Communication Arts (Madison, Wisconsin , USA), AAF (Advertising, Graphic Design, Web Design; Los Angeles, USA), Serbian American Professional Networking (Washington D.C. USA)...
►2011-present - D.A. Doctor of Arts; Arts cluster, field - Multimedia Arts, Center for Interdisciplinary Studies, The University of the Arts.
►2001-2004 - M.A. Master of Arts; Arts cluster, field - Advertising Graphic, magisterial theme - Media Graphics Art, Academy of Arts.
►1993-1997 - B.A. Bachelor of Arts; Arts cluster, field - Graphic Design, Academy of Arts.
►1989-1993 - Graduated Architectural Engineer; Constructions cluster, field - Architecture, High School.
►Awards received: June 1996. - Award for the best work and exceptional commitment to the art creation given by Art Academy Council - Academy of Arts.
►January 2010 - Present
Independent Professional Graphic Designer/Master of Arts - Freelance Artist
►1997 - 2010 - Serbian Broadcasting Corporation "RTS"
Radio Television of Serbia - RTV Pristina
TV Most - Zvecan
TV Most Net - Prokuplje
TV Pristina - Pristina
- Organization, production and realization overall Artistic Program in Pristina TV correspondent unit station. Further promotion and development of applied art and of graphic design artistic creativity within television media framework. Professional affirmation, promotion of creativity and related activities for the purposes of broad society needs. Inclusion to the relevant social activities with art affirmation purposes, cooperation and collaboration with experience exchange, all for achievement of the defined social values. Responsible for the achievements of planned goals, organization and coordination among the associated departments. Cooperation with other sister media and organizations: professional development and artistic creativity promotion, reputation and television status preservation. Know-how inspiration, organization and artistic work plan implementation, whilst highly individual and independent.Effective and efficient (able to perform duties under the pressure and meet short deadlines), adaptable to various graphic (artistic) styles, accurate and principled. Inspirational and creative work leading.
- Approach to the visual envision of animation based on production input information. Steer and define work field based on the standards set. Besides the animation, envision and independently complete the electronic graphic realisation elements such as follows: tables, charts, weather reports, headlines news and overall electronic graphic realization of the TV shows. In the course of the animation process directly cooperates with the author (producer, editor, and arranger) in order to ensure elements to be précised (from ideas to finalization /realization). Main stop sequence graphic in-shaping starting from the text import, scanning and photo editing, modifying and creation of new fonts, color mixture and implementation, photo broadcasting, drawings, modulations, illumination, objects animation, photo and drawings combination, different objects rotation and scaling, 3D illumination, including all those presenting symbolic form of visual communication. Representative graphic edition of advertising short-meters movies, various type companies multimedia presentation, standard and computer animations, photo-broadcasting etc.
►1993 - 1999 - Graphic Designer at "Photo Ideal"
Photography/Graphic Design Studio
- Total design idea-graphic solution of visual identity, basic elements (processing and re-design: surface organization, form, rhythm, brightness – darkness, color, stylization, abstraction, motion, etc) and basic characteristics (emblem, logo, logo re-design, composition, typography, letter – typeface, drawing letters, photography, drawings, vignette – symbols, illustration, burlesque, cartoon, etc.)
- Visual identity graphic in-shaping (media communication tools / direct communication tools): posters, billboard, advertisement; the same as the presentation material/primarily communication means: folders, memorandums, envelopes, agendas, invoices, business cards, certifications, diplomas, calendars, catalogs, brochures, stickers, invitation letters, greeting cards, etc.
- Logo/emblem/advertisement message application on products (pencil, lighter, glass, coffee cap, hat, T-shirt, etc.). Idea solution of neon-advertisement, packing material, etiquette, publications (magazine, book facing page and illustration) and other similarities…
”Heavily inspired by urban culture, realism and the surrealism movement, Mirjana Milosavljevic has developed a unique and very personal style. Inspired by the relationship between dreams and natural world she creates and brings unique characters to life that exported from her own imaginary world.
Her creative expressions reveal the world with its contradictions and opposite poles. It's a world where the real and surreal meet. Side by side the casual and an unusual, the lyrical and the tragic, the familiar and the strange, all coexists there. It is melancholic, grotesque, absurdly distorted and yet so poetically beautiful world…
No matter how strange seems, the characters that we meet in her imaginary world, all reflect the delicate poetry of her soul. She creates a mysterious theatre of strange and surreal characters. In this theater everything is staged, but the emotions are real.
Mirjana works with a variety of mediums, including traditional film and digital methods, which used to articulate her work into what expresses itself as a bizarre sometimes or even disturbing, but surely a lot of times intriguing and always quite beautiful.
Her body of work is built of melancholy interaction between man-made status symbols and frozen moments of the utopian early days reminiscences. Strongly focused on figurative narration, her characters simply reflect modern society with masks disclosed and that with no false presentations that make us acceptable to whatever social group we are a part of. It is a broad array of characters that range from the ones being in dark streets, corners or soulless rooms to the safe and pure creatures like those in imagination of wonderland, which strive to prove that we have never grown up, or at least have never lost touch with our innocent self.
Her basic tool is the photograph - using layers of a single transparent image while cleverly placing a countless of other objects in-between – that helps her create a unique work of art full of intrigue.
The original objects and shred of other photos create a depth of field that mirrors our thoughts patterns whenever analyzing and exploring a new discovery. For the viewer, her photo compositions are full of motions with hidden meanings that could be revealed upon thoughtful observation.
In her world, different emotions coexist side by side. There is an irony, a fear, a chaos, a pain; however, the hope is present always. She doesn't like to impose audience with her point of view. She only, to some extent, opens a door to a magic land, where everyone can find something of his/her own interest/interpretation.
She thinks that work can be created with any tool and in any medium, but it should speak for itself only. It should need no explanation and no elaboration. It can be very aesthetic or the opposite to it. According to her, the most important thing is to convey a message strictly. Mirjana’s works are compelling for the reason of their source in modern awareness of motion, pluralistic perspectives and luminosities. Eternal themes have infinite expressions, and with her strong artistic sensibility, Mirjana creates successfully the desired atmosphere and impressions. Each one of her designs is a contribution to the human desire for perfection and beauty in life.”
Eyes Without A Face
- ”When researching and thinking of the subject/theme that artistically expressed later on, my intention was to combine graphic design and personal impressions and experience gained. In the manner of, study is compound of an analysis that accompanied with munificent and practical manual work and that for the purpose of a fusion of a practical and theoretical knowledge.
- My special intention was to draw attention of the general public to an esthetical component of the message delivered. It is important to send a right massage to the right place, which initiates response anticipated. Various elements that build the message are connected and interlinked, uniquely compound.
- I believe art is a gateway to the place where energy, colors, forms, matter and space are connected. I strongly believe in creative thinking but feel that design could be perceived as rather fanatic and complicated expression, which could lead to opposite effects than primarily intended, but still it represents an environment which frames the conditions for creative experiments. Art isn't about communication. It's all about the (re)search of a significance and control in a world of anonymity and chaos.
- It is the art merely that as a specific medium enables me to shape my visions, to fill them in with a secret language, signs and elements, abstract forms, mystery characters … It is my understanding and approach that through undermined expectations our attention focuses on the experience of perceiving. The work celebrates the visual world and gives evidence to the unique nature of our experiences. Accordingly, I understand the art as something that appeals more to our mind and emotions than to intellectual understanding and instincts. There's no need to search for symbols in my artworks. A symbol represents a simple message which is addressed to a reason. My artworks are the reflection of the emotions in the message and my art language is the language of intuitive characters and metaphors. The development and realization of the art in public I see as a dialogue with its place and time – land and substance, its present and past, its people, the future they want to create and make it new, immediate, and somehow timeless.”
►Would love to know what you think about my work, so don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions and suggestions.
Copyright © 2008. Mirjana Milosavljević All Rights Reserved.