My work is a reflection of my daily encounters and experiences. Working with a variety of mediums, allows me to express more precisely my vision or my "language", which would otherwise be difficult to express in words.
My creative process is based on the freedom it gives me to experiment with new materials and mediums. Once I find the right mix, I start to develop a series, always trying to give a positive message through words, colors and concepts. My routine consists on concentrating on two-dimensional work for about a year, or until the series is complete, and then change to three-dimensional for the same amount of time. My years of studying architecture influenced this routine, which helps me to maintain a balance in the diversity of my work.
My memories of childhood, nature and architecture are my inexhaustible sources of inspiration. The interactions of humans with nature from birth to the formation of our faith and values are clearly reflected in my work.
My work begins as a concept that encourages the creation of my vision and from that moment, each series begins its own evolution. Memories of Our Town (Series, monotypes, 2008), tells my origins and emphasizes that we all come from somewhere. Lollipops (Series, mixed media sculptures, 2009) is a series that began just after the recession as an invitation to take time to smile and enjoy, even in difficult times. El Bosque de Qualtron or Qualtron's Forest (Series, recycled parts sculptures, 2010) is a series inspired to give a second life. Qualtron was a company that made computer parts that went bankrupt after 20 years in business, I decided to give a second chance to abandoned material and create a forest out of 100% man-made materials. Graffiti (series, painting, 2012) is a series that contrasts Street Art and language SMS with my beliefs and my faith.
I've always been interested in creating my own language but at the same time create something that everyone is able to interpret on their own, no translation needed.
Born 1980, Honduras, Central America
1998– 2000 Architecture, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras, Honduras, C.A.
2001– 2008 Certificate in Fine Arts, National Academy School of Fine Arts, NY
2008– 2010 Diploma Program, National Academy School of Fine Arts
2013 Where Your Heart Is..., Stamford Art Association, Stamford, CT
2011 Graffiti, PCOG, Old Greenwich, CT
2010 Abierto, Open Studio, Greenwich, CT
- Memories of Our Town, Hudson City Savings Bank, Cos Cob, CT
- El Bosque de Qualtron, National Academy Museum, NY, NY
Selected Group Exhibitions
2014 Icons and Dreamers, Xpozure Gallery, Wilton, CT
- Eye Candy, Jadite Gallery, New York, NY
- Wish You Were Here 13, A.I.R. Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
2013 On the Reality of Distance, Sonia Gechtoff Gallery, New York, NY
- Roots, Sackler Art Gallery, The Palace Theater, Stamford, CT
- XVI Salon Supercable de Jovenes con FIA, Caracas, Venezuela
- Art Lima, Galeria D'Museo, Lima, Peru
- Affordable Art Fair, Galeria D'Museo, New York, NY
2012 Pinta Art Fair, Galeria D'Museo, New York, NY
- Art Takes Times Square, Artist Wanted, Time Square, NY
- 6x6x2012, Rochester Contemporary Art Center, Rochester, NY
2011 Wish You Were Here 10, A.I.R. Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- 40Under40, High Ridge Park Corporate Center Stamford, CT
2010 The Annual Small Works Invitational, Art West Gallery, Elon University, Elon, NC
- ASOG, Gertrude White Gallery, Greenwich, CT
- A Reverence for Water, Printmaking Center of New Jersey, Branchburg, NJ
- Autumn Art Show, ASOG, Garden Education Center, Cos Cob, CT
- Producing Film and Video, Macy Art Gallery, Columbia University, NY, NY
- Art to the Avenue, Magaschoni, Greenwich, CT
- Etcetera, National Academy, NY, NY
- Fifteen Notes, National Academy, NY, NY
- Practices of Photography, National Academy, NY, NY
2009 Painting the Americas, Grady Alexis Gallery, NY, NY
- Body of work, National Academy Museum, NY, NY
2008 30 Artistas, Museo Del Juguete Antiguo, DF, Mexico
- Three year Certificate wall, National Academy Museum, NY, NY
- Faces and Figures, Stamford Art Association, Stamford, CT
2007 Annual Juried Exhibition National Academy Museum, NY, NY
- International Miniature Print Exhibition Center of Contemporary Printmaking, Norwalk, CT
- 27th Annual National Print Exhibition, Artlink Gallery, Fort Wayne, IN
2006 Annual Juried Exhibition National Academy Museum, NY, NY
2005 Annual Juried Exhibition, National Academy Museum, NY, NY
2004 Cork Gallery, Lincoln Center, NY, NY
2009 Collaboration with Artist Lorena Perez, Museo del Juguete Antiguo, DF, México
2011- Present National Academy School of Fine Arts, NY, NY
Online tools and resources for Artists
Unconventional Materials: Sculpture
2010- Present Private tutoring on Drawing, Virtual portfolio design, website and blogging.
Awards & Grants
2009 The Albert Hallgarten Traveling Scholarship, New York