‘Wicked, disturbing, fascinating’ – drawings inspired by dance.
Katarzyna Jablonska, born 1983 in Lodz (Poland) completed 2 years private fine art tuition by Piotr Krol (2006-08) focused on drawing skills and techniques. She then moved to the UK to study BA (Hons)Interactive Arts at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Drawing has always been dominant in her practice focused on the concept of portraying genuine passion and emotions through a figure.
Since graduating in 2011 she has exhibited in a number of arts festivals, solo and group shows. In 2013 she has received 4th place in cathegory: Selfportrait in American Art Awards - International Contest.
- "(...) your drawings are quite unique, they have an acute feeling of gracefulness, sensitivity and deep introspection." DW 17 Nov 2013
- "Stylish, Unique an Expressive.. Great Artwork" RFR, 14 March 2014
- "Brilliant tonal values. Love how fluid yet defining they are" BN, 14 March 2014
- "Stunning and powerful." SS, 1 March 2014
- "Sensual and emotive..beautiful work" TR 9 March 2014