Born in Atlanta, GA
Professional Related Experience:
2009-Present Preschool Head Teacher, Brooklyn Child and Family Services, Brooklyn New York.
2008-2009 Teacher/Art Therapist Mentor, Free Arts, 2-6 grade art groups, multiple school sites.
2007-2008 Special Education Art Teacher, High School of Telecommunications Arts and Technology. Brooklyn, NY (drawing, painting and sculpture)
1999- 2006 Art Therapist and Assistant Manager, CCM Grand Street Day Health Senior Center
Beth Abraham Hospital, New York, New York (Multiple Medias)
- Tres Belles/ Three Person Show/ Camel Art Space/ Brooklyn, NY
- Out Side the time zone/ Group Show/ Camel Art Space/ Brooklyn, NY
- Heart Strings /Group Show/ 119 Space / Brooklyn, NY
- AC-5 / Group Show / Diesel Galley / Brooklyn, NY
- Now Playing / ParaSite Gallery / Beacon, NY
- AC4 / Group Show / Diesel Gallery / Brooklyn, NY
- Multiplicity Space 722 / Group Show / Project Space 722 / Brooklyn, NY
- AC2/ Group Show / Grand Central / Brooklyn, NYAC3 /Group Show / Grand Central /Brooklyn
- 9th Annual Benefit Raffle / Invitational / PS122 Gallery / NYC
- 8th Annual Benefit Raffle / Invitational / PS122 Gallery / NYC
- Night of 1000 Drawings / Benefit Show / The Artist Space / NYC
- 7th Annual Benefit Raffle / Invitational / PS122 Gallery / NYC
- Night of 1000 Drawing / Benefit Show / The Artist Space / NYC
- d-Art projects D9 /Group Show/ Remote Lounge / Bowery, NYC
- d-Art projects D8 / Group Show/Pier 40 / Hudson River Park Day / NYC
- d-Art projects / Group Show /Roof Top Space/ Dumbo, Brooklyn, NYC
- d-Art projects D6 / Group Show/Fun Video Club / Chinatown, NYC
- d-Art projects D5 / Group Show/Pier 40 / Hudson River Park / NYC
- d-Art projects D4 / East River Park Fireboat House and Paddleboat Courts / NYC
- Fractured Curtain: Japan Metro / Digital Poster roaming group show in
- Japanese Metro stations / Tokyo, Japan
- Small Works Holiday Group Show/ PS122 Gallery/New York, NY
- Small Drawings Holiday Group Show/ The Drawing Center/New York, NY
- Resting Places / Group Show/ MDCC Gallery/ Miami, Florida
- League of their own / Group Show / Espanola Way Art Center / Miami Beach, Fl
- Four Women / Group Show / Alliance Art Center / Miami Beach, Fl.
- Body Positive Aids Benefit Exhibition / Juried / Miami, Fl.
- Joint Graduate Exhibition / Invitational / New World Gallery / Miami, Fl.
- 14th Annual Student Show / Juried The Arts Museum of FIU/ Miami, Fl.
- BFA Exhibition / The Art Museum of FIU / Miami, Fl.
2007-Present Masters in Early Education, Long Island University.
1999 Masters in Art Therapy, New York University
1994 Bachelors of Fine Arts, Florida International University, Miami Florida
Area(s) of Specialization: Crocheted Sculpture, Installation Art, Painting and Ceramics,
Languages: English, Conversational Spanish, and select Cantonese and Fijianese art terms and greetings.
Honors and Awards:
1993 Liquitex Excellence in Art Award.
1992 F.I.U. Visual Arts Department Scholarship.