>Our information is incorrect on ArtSlant. How do I change it?
Go to your Venue Display and look for the CHANGE THIS VENUE box on the right. It is just above ACTIONS and it has all of the links for adding and editing content. You can only see the CHANGE box if you are logged in, and if you've created or claimed the Venue.
Click on >edit this venue to edit information such as your address, neighborhood, website link, contact information, open hours, description, your first image for your slideshow, tags, and represented artists.
If you don't see the CHANGE box, you may still need to claim your Venue by clicking on the this is my venue link in the ACTIONS box.
>How do I add images to my venue listing?
- To add images to your Venue, just click on >add and edit images in the CHANGE box on the right side of your Venue Display.
- An add box will appear at the bottom of the display that allows you to create an unlimited slideshow.
- Click on click to add new image, then browse your hard drive for the desired file.
- Be sure that your images are in either jpg, gif or png format. Be sure to add the artist's name, caption information and tags so the image will appear on the artist's Profile and in our ARTshow!
>How do I add exhibits to my venue page?
- To Add Content in ArtSlant, you must be a registered member.
- If you have claimed your gallery display, go to your Venue page and click on >add exhibit/event.
- The Add form will open - complete information as required.
SCREENSHOT OF VENUE DISPLAY
HINTS FOR BEST ADDING
NOTE: If you have already opened or claimed your Venue Display, please go to that page and click on >add an exhibit/event shown in the CHANGE box on the right. This will keep all your exhibitions catalogued on your gallery/venue page.
Claiming your Display: If you have not already claimed your Venue Display, please follow the FAQs for creating and claiming venue pages.
If you work at a gallery or museum and would like editing rights to your ArtSlant page, please Register on ArtSlant and then send us your User ID name with a request to claim your page. The process should be complete in 24 hours. email@example.com
EXHIBITIONS POSTING & ERRORS
All exhibitions will immediately post on ArtSlant.
If you make a mistake, click on >edit this event in CHANGE THIS EVENT box on the right side to correct. To delete the entire entry, click on >remove this event.
USING THE ADD FORM FOR ENTERING DATA - click on >add an exhibit/event in your CHANGE box on the right side of your Venue Display
- Title: Enter the title of the exhibit. If there is no title, use the artist's name as the title, or something like Group Show.
- Artist(s): Enter artist names in regular text. Watch the drop down to see if the artists are already in our system. With more than one artist, put commas between names. Do not use "and, with, in collaboration with, etc." In the case of a team, use an & - e.g. Gilbert & George. You may enter up to 25 artist names.
- Ditto with curator(s)
- Your venue name will load automatically.
- If you are entering a new Venue, you will be prompted to create the listing for it. PLEASE fill out the address and contact info. If the venue does not have an address, it will be removed from our system.
- Event Type - Choose Ongoing Exhibit (2 or more days) or Event (1 day only)
- Dates: Choose from calendar
- Hours - select if it is an event. Otherwise, leave it blank.
- Opening: Fix date and times. If no opening, click on "remove this opening."
- Description Text: Paste in press release for show or a short description. You may embed images into text box using the icons on the box menu bar.
- Cost: Skip unless there is a specific fee.
- Tags: Select only appropriate tags.
- Image: Browse for an image. We only accept jpg, gif or png files. Images in exhibition listings create higher visibility within the website. Complete the caption information as noted. It is very important to be accurate when listing the information on images.
>How do I remove my venue?
You can remove your venue by clicking on >remove venue in your CHANGE box. You cannot undelete it after you have removed the Venue. If you are trying to remove a duplicate venue listing this may not be necessary--just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can merge duplicate venues to preserve exhibition info and images.
Note: You cannot remove a venue that has exhibits attached to it. If your gallery has closed or is no longer in operation, please contact us at email@example.com and we can take your Venue out of our listings while preserving the exhibition information on our artists' Profiles.