Basic membership for Galleries, Museums & Alternative Art Spaces
The Basic Free Membership is available to all galleries, museums, and alternative art spaces that are open to the public (note: ArtSlant Terms & Conditions apply). Simply Register on ArtSlant and return our verifying email to create or claim your Venue Display.
ArtSlant does not accept private residences or artist's studios in our venue listings. For this kind of coverage, please open an individual ArtSlant Profile.
- Venue Display with your basic information - free and secure.
- Unlimited slideshow of your venue, artists, openings, events.
- Ability to add your exhibitions & events to our Calendar.
- Networked archive of your events and artists.
- Your exhibitions and artists displayed in our ARTshow.
- Enhanced Google SEO (search engine optimization)
- Help desk for problems: firstname.lastname@example.org
To claim an existing Venue Display
You may already be in ArtSlant as many of important galleries and museums are entered into our database through exhibition information in our Calendars. Before opening a new Venue Display, please search for your gallery or museum. Do the following:
- Make sure you are in the correct ArtSlant City. Use our City Bar at the very top of our site to switch locations.
- Click on GALLERIES on our Main Menu.
- Search for your venue under our A-Z listings in ALL (note that only Key Venues are listed first; click on Show >all venues to see all).
- If you find your gallery, open your page and claim it.
- Claim your existing display by clicking >this is my venue in the right sidebar or >click here to claim this venue page in the Venue Display. Send us your User ID.
- If you find more than one Venue Display for your space, please notify us at email@example.com.
To create a new Venue Display
Log in. Click on ADD/Add Your Venue on the Main Menu. Complete basic Add Form as indicated & save.
- Add your contact info, gallery description, and artist names in the basic form.
- Add your Artists in the field indicated. Only use commas between artists names to separate them. Do not use "and" "&" or any other figures.
- To add images to your Venue, just click on >add and edit images in the CHANGE box on the right side of your Venue Display.
- NOTE: Images without proper captions & tags will not appear in ARTshow. Only use one or two tags on each image.
To remove a Venue Display
If for any reason you do not wish your venue to be shown in ArtSlant, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your information.
Hints for enhancing your profile
- Be sure your name, address, and neighborhood are entered correctly. Venues without addresses will be eliminated.
- For every artist you type in the Artist field, you will automatically create a Profile for them showing you as the representing gallery. Claim these Profiles and add their slideshow and bio.
- Your first slideshow image will double as your thumbnail image in our Venue listings.
- Put directions and parking info in your text box.
Maximize your exposure
- Linking your artists and building their Profile pages increases your exposure in Google search.
- Enter all of your exhibitions and events directly from your Venue display to aggregate them on your page.
- Images that have proper artist name, titles, and tags are optimized in Google image search.
Contact email@example.com to learn about our specialized advertising packages to promote your upcoming events, artists, or gallery.