To Add Content in ArtSlant, you must be a registered member.
Hints for best adding
- All exhibitions/events will immediately post on ArtSlant.
- Be sure to fill out all the details of your exhibition/event so our readers can find it easily.
- Add images: users can see a sample of the pieces on display, and images increase visibility on our Calendar.
- Add a professional description or press release in the description box.
- If you make a mistake, click on >edit this event in CHANGE THIS EVENT box on the right side to correct. To delete the entire entry, click on >remove this event.
NOTE: For Users associated with galleries or museums
To add your exhibits or events, go to your venue page and click on >add an exhibit or event shown in the CHANGE THIS VENUE box on the right. This will keep all your exhibitions catalogued on your gallery/venue page.
Claiming your Display:
If you have not already claimed your Venue Display, please follow the FAQs for creating and claiming venue pages.
If you work at a gallery or museum and would like editing rights to your ArtSlant page, please Register on ArtSlant and then send us your User ID name with a request to claim your page. The process should be complete in 24 hours. firstname.lastname@example.org
Using the add form for entering data
Begin on your Venue Display page. Click on >add exhibit or event in your CHANGE box in the right sidebar
- Title: Enter the title of the exhibit. If there is no title, use the artist's name or Group Exhibition.
- Artist(s): Enter artist names in regular text. Watch the drop down to see if the artists are already in our system.
IMPORTANT: With more than one artist, put commas between names. Do not use "and, with, in collaboration with, etc." In the case of a team, use an & - e.g. Gilbert & George. You may enter up to 25 artist names.
- Ditto with curator(s)
- Event Type - Choose Ongoing Exhibit (2 or more days) or Event (1 day only)
- Dates: Choose from calendar
- Hours - select if it is an event. Otherwise, leave it blank.
- Opening: Fix date and times. If no opening, click on "remove this opening."
- Description Text: Paste in press release for show or a short description. You may embed jpg images into text box using the icons on the box menu bar.
- Cost: Skip unless there is a specific fee.
- Tags: Select only appropriate tags.
- Image: Browse for an image. We only accept jpg, gif or png files. Images in exhibition listings create higher visibility within the website. Complete the caption information as noted. It is very important to be accurate when listing the information on images.
NOTE: If you do not have a Venue display, please Click on ADD (at the top) on the Main Menu for the city in which the event will occur. Then click on "Add Exhibit/Event" to open the exhibition add form and create your listing. Type in the venue name, and then select your venue from our dropdown of possibilities.