Superior digital files are required in order to produce the quality prints that art buyers demand. It is a good idea to get professional help in photographing your art work, if you can, although determined amateurs do it every day with success.
What Kind of Images Do I Need to Provide to be Accepted in the SalesRoom?
Selling artists must provide high-quality digital images of their art work in order to be accepted into the sales program. For selling original artwork we recommend images with 1000 pixels in one side at least. Each image will be reviewed and vetted by the ArtSlant Team. You will receive a rejection notice via email if your work is not accepted. You may resubmit once your image is corrected.
Our system only supports jpg, png and gif files. Check that your image is in the right format.
What Do I Need to Know About Print Sizing?
FAQ on Image Geometry & Print Sizing
Guidelines for Acceptable Images
1. High resolution jpg files. Images must be at the very least 2340 pixels in either direction (height or width). The larger the image, the better quality print will be produced, and the larger print will be available. Digital cameras with 8 Megapixels or higher should have high enough resolution, when no digital zoom is used. Images can be up to 25 MB (see FAQ on image sizes)
2. No background or frame should be shown in your image. Be sure to look closely at your images for whitening at the edges. Careful cropping of images will make all the difference.
Suggestions for open source photo manipulation software are:
3. Color accuracy is extremely important. Use proper lighting when photographing your art work. Some photo manipulation software can help with color correction.
4. Proper alignment of images is necessary. Images that are mis-aligned or crooked will be rejected.
5. No blurry images will be accepted. Be sure the focus is spot-on.
6. No pornographic or obscene material will be accepted.
7. Artist must have full rights to image in terms of copyright and reproduction.