How can I get my reviews on my Profile?
Any review that is entered into ArtSlant for one of your exhibitions will automatically pull into your Profile as long as you are shown as the artist on the exhibition detail. NOTE: This is problematic with group shows, as a review on a group show only pulls into one artist profile.
Write a Review
Any registered user can write a review on an exhibition listed in the ArtSlant system. To do this:
- Go to the exhibition display page
- Click on Write a Review on the right side of the display
- A review form will open up. Cut and paste article into the rich text box as indicated. Save and edit if necessary using the "Add and Edit" links in the Manage box that now appears on the right side of the review page.
- This review will display under Community in Reader Reviews, as well as on the Exhibition display page and on the artist who is listed on the exhibition. For group shows, the review will not appear on all artist profiles (hopefully this will happen in the future).
Entering Outside Reviews on an Artist or Curator Profile
If you want to enter a review into your Profile that was written in another publication we suggest you do the following in order to avoid copyright issues:
- Go into Edit Profile in your Profile Manage box and click on the "Bio/Blog" tab
- Create a PRESS section in your rich text box either below or above your statement or bio
- Type in the titles of articles, and perhaps the publications, that you want to link to
- Go to the original article and copy the URL
- Return to your Edit Profile page, "Bio/Blog" tab and create the links to each of your articles (just highlight the article name and then click on the "chain link" icon to open up the insertion box for links)
Now your outside reviews can be found on your Profile front page, and any ArtSlant reviews can be found under your Reviews tab.