Brighton Museum houses one of the most important and eclectic collections outside national institutions.
Its recent £10million redevelopment has created dynamic and innovative new galleries that encourage you to get involved as you wander round the transformed museum.
- Explore the world of Art Nouveau in the dazzling 20th Century Decorative Art & Design gallery
- Visit Mr Willett's Popular Pottery gallery and find out just why his pottery was so popular!
- Take a journey through Brighton’s rich and colourful history in the Images of Brighton and Exploring Brighton galleries
- Our Fashion & Style gallery explores fashion through the ages from Regency to modern day
- The Performance gallery brings you celebrations from around the world with puppets, masks, costume and musical instruments
- How do we see ourselves? The Body gallery takes a closer look
- There are three galleries devoted to Fine Art and one of the country’s most significant collections of World Art including objects from Africa, Asia, the Pacific and the Americas
There is lots to do for all ages at
- family events
- children’s workshops
- talks and tours
Our year-round exhibitions explore a wide range of subjects and themes, many relating to our permanent gallery themes and collections.