In 1923 the First Baptist Church of Andrews built a beautiful structure on what is today the corner of Third and Chestnut streets. It is filled with original hardwood flooring, rich wood trimmings and a myriad of stained glass windows. Its fixtures and moldings are gilded. The lofty ceilings are made of an intricately patterned pressed tin. When the church decided to build a new structure, a group of Chamber members from Andrews organized what is now Valleytown Cultural Arts & Historical Society to purchase and save the historic building. Through the efforts of dedicated citizens, the building is now on the National Register of Historic Places.
A massive grant writing and fund raising effort supported by the entire community went into action and the building was purchased in June of 1986 from the First Baptist Church specifically for the purpose of providing a facility for the community to have performing and visual arts entertainment and enrichment. In the years since the purchase of the building, the Valleytown Cultural Arts and Historical Society has provided innumerable arts events for community enjoyment.
The Andrews Art Museum is housed on the mezzanine floor of the Cultural Art Center.