Portland Art Museum
1219 SW Park Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97205
> CURRENT EXHIBITIONS & EVENTS
- Founded in 1892, the Portland Art Museum is one of the oldest art museums in the United States and the oldest in the Pacific Northwest.
- The Museum’s collection of 42,000 objects reflects the history of art from ancient times to today. The collection is distinguished for its holdings of arts of the native peoples of North America; modern and contemporary art; Asian and American art; photographs, prints, and drawings; and English silver.
- With more than 112,000 square feet of gallery space, the Museum ranks in the top 25 museums in the country with the most gallery and exhibition space.
- An active collecting institution, the Museum dedicates 90 percent of its gallery space to its permanent collection.
- In addition to its permanent collection, the Museum is recognized for its special exhibitions and intimate exhibition series, including the APEX program, a contemporary art series, and presentations in the Gilkey Center galleries.
- The Northwest Film Center, established in 1978, is a regional media arts organization founded to encourage the study and appreciation of the moving image arts. The Center provides a variety of film and video exhibitions, as well as education and information programs.