The LEVY Galerie was founded in 1970 by Hamburg resident Thomas Levy (b. 1947). With its multifaceted program, based not least on the pillars of Surrealism and Pop Art, LEVY Galerie has earned a first rate reputation among German galleries through the past decades. The LEVY Galerie is the exclusive representative, as primary gallery, of artists Allen Jones, Marc Lüders, C.O. Paeffgen, Mel Ramos, and Daniel Spoerri, among others. It also represents the estate of Meret Oppenheim, in close coordination with that artist’s family.
Since September of 2004 the gallery has been located on the outskirts of Eppendorf in a loft-like space that offers fantastic possibilities for the presentation of art. The interior of the gallery is no less impressive than the enchanted exterior areas with their sculpture garden. The artworks on display have all the space they need within the gallery’s two expansive exhibition rooms. Since the implementation of LEVY 1 st VIEW in 2004 the gallery has also become more involved in the mediation and development of emerging contemporary artists.
Since September of 2009 LEVY Galerie has a dependence in Berlin. The Gallery space is located on the first floor of the gallery building Kochstraße 60 in the Rudi-Dutschke-Str. 26.