The Center for Fine Art Photography announces a new Call for Entry for
Consumption, A Main Gallery Photo Show for July.
Deadline: April 13, 2010: On line at www.c4fap.org by Midnight PST
Theme: Consumption is a multifaceted term that can signify the influence of advertising and marketing on our pervasive consumer culture. The word also speaks to our profound human instincts. To be consumed by something-be it illness, emotions, or beliefs-is to oftentimes confront one's realities. What, why, when, and how we consume determines the ramifications of the choices we make. Additionally, consumption can simply suggest a transformation. The Center is looking for images that visually depict Consumption and what it means to you and those around us.
Juror: Brian Paul Clamp is Director of ClampArt, a contemporary art gallery in Chelsea in New York City, established in 2000. Brian has nearly two decades of experience in the field. He holds a Masters of Art in Critical Studies in Modern Art from Columbia University, and is the author of thirty publications on American Art to date.
Exhibition and Awards: With selection for this exhibition, artists and their work will be seen by an international audience of collectors, curators, art consultants and others who appreciate the fine art of photography. Over $1300 in awards which includes:
- liveBooks Website Award: Valued at $399 each, two artists will receive a 1 year subscription for a website
- Juror’s Selection Award: $300 and a Blurb book award from www.Blurb.com
- Director's Selection Award: $200 and a Blurb book award from www.Blurb.com
- Honorable Mention Award: $100
- All exhibitors are included in the Center's online gallery
Eligibility: The exhibition is open to photographers world wide, both amateur and professional. The Center for Fine Art Photography invites photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate in its exhibitions. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome.
- Entries due: April 13, 2010
- Notice of acceptance: April 23, 2010
- Exhibition dates: July 2 – July 24, 2010
- Artists’ and Public Reception: July 2, 2010
- The entry fee for non-members is $35 USD for the first three images.
- The entry fee for members of The Center for Fine Art Photography is $20.00 USD for 3 images.
Any questions call our office at 970-224-1010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.