28 independent publishers from all of Northern Europe meet up in a supermarket in Copenhagen to sell books, greet their audience face to face and to share ideas and strategies with one another. The isles of the supermarket act as a visual and conceptual backdrop as the art books are sold alongside everyday groceries, to bibliophiles and the unexpecting shopper alike.
The aim of the event is to elevate the level, number and quality of art books coming out of our region by hosting an event where players in the field can meet, connect and share ideas and perspectives on current issues in the frame of publishing.
- The Bookmarket. The heart of the festival.
- Five Talks with all kinds of different approaches to art books.
- The Factory. A program of readings and talks.
- An Exhibition of Danish art magazine Pist Protta.
- A Travelling exhibition that will travel around the world after the festival.
- A new installment of Receipt Art
- Six cases of New Literature plus Lokumslyrik.
- A Workshop on bookdesign.
- And a new collaborative Publication
The Danish Arts Foundation
A. P. Møller Foundation
One Thousand Books is hosted by Sara Glahn and Lodret Vandret. Press by Maria Bordorff.