This extensive show explores the work of Asian women artists prominent since the 1980s, and is shown for the first time in Japan. The works span the genres of painting, photography, video, installation and more, revealing the diversity of themes and expressive styles among these artists. Also planned are talks, performances, video screenings, workshops and more.
1.Female Body – Reproduction/Proliferation/Fascination /Violence
2. Women and Society
(1) Women’s/Men’s roles – Bonds of Women
(2) Diaspora (ethnicity)/ Marginalized people (class and sexuality)
3. Women and History – War, Violence, Death and Memory
4. Selected Techniques/Materials – Periphery of “Art”
5. Women’s life – On Her Own