Art Fairs London Ltd
9 Manchester Square, London W1U 3PL
T +44 (0) 207 886 3112
Application deadline: Friday, 14 September 2012
Job Title: Art13 London – Curator
Requirement: Project-based contract
Salary: Dependent on experience
An exciting role exists for an experienced Curator within the contemporary art field to curate the non-profit exhibition at Art13 London, held from 1-3 March 2013. Launching in Spring 2013, Art13 London is London’s first truly global Fair providing a platform for modern and contemporary art fair from right across the world. In bringing a unique global dynamic to the capital’s art world, this is an exceptional opportunity for a passionate Curator working in the global arena to be able to truly shape the non-profit programme of the inaugural Fair.
Responsible for commissioning and curating works of art to a given brief, our non-profit exhibition will portray the Fair’s global ethos. This role will be pivotal in ensuring that both the educational and non-commercial activities of the fair are impactful for visitors and the art community alike, conveying the Fair’s message of a global platform for the most interesting and innovative art. The Curator will also advise on the talks and film programme developed to coincide with the Fair.
This is an opportunity for an independent Curator to work on project basis from September 2012 – March 2013. There is the opportunity for the contract to be renewed on an annual basis. The candidate must have a proven track record in curating exhibitions, with a sound knowledge of contemporary art in a global context.
Responsibilities will include:
• Independently curating an exhibition within the Fair to a given theme
• Inputting towards developing strategies to promote audience engagement
• Selecting as well as commissioning works of art to a given budget
• Working with artists and operations teams to realize the exhibition
• Promoting the exhibition and all educational programmes on behalf of the Fair
• Giving tours at the Fair as required
• Advising on other curatorial aspects of the Fair as required.
The position is based in London.
The application deadline is Friday 14 September 2012 at 5pm.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 17 September 2012.