Round #3 ENTRIES CLOSED MAY 20th
SHOWCASE WINNERS TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
The ArtSlant Prize is a Showcase Series designed to exhibit and promote talented artists from around the world. The Showcase consists of 6 Rounds. Artists may enter one image per Round and compete for different stages of winning status. Categories include Drawing, Installation, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, and Video/Computer Art. There is an entry fee of $2; Premium Placement fee of $20 is required of Showcase Winners to go on to Juried Selections.
How Do I Enter? (click)
SHOWCASE NEWS: The Jury Panel Is All Set! ArtSlant is excited to welcome curator/art advisor Eileen Braziel, UB Art Galleries curator Sandra Q. Firmin, and gallerist and Fountain Art Fair co-founder John Leo. Read their full bios below. And welcome aboard!
ALUMNI NEWS: Aurelia Gratzer, a previous Showcase Winner, was recently featured at the Brunnhofer Galerie booth of the Pulse Art Fair's Impulse Section focusing on emerging talent. The Viennese artist showed a number of paintings depicting patterned-heavy geometric spaces and interiors. Congratulations!
Image: Aurelia Gratzer, Embrace 5, 2011, acrylic on canvas. Courtesy the artist and Brunnhofer Galerie, Linz, Austria.
The ArtSlant Prize is a Showcase Series designed to exhibit and promote talented artists from around the world. The Showcase Series consists of 6 Rounds. Artists may enter one image per Round and compete for different stages of winning status. Categories include Drawing, Installation, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, and Video/Computer Art. There is an entry fee of $2 per Round; Premium Placement fee of $20 is required of Showcase Winners to go on to Juried Selections.
There are 3 ways to win for each participating artist:
1. SHOWCASE WINNER - In each of our 6 rounds, the ArtSlant Curation Team selects about 1/4 of the best artists entered in that round to be awarded Showcase Winner status. Being a Showcase Winner means you can move into the jury selection process for Juried Select Winner status. Showcase winners are given maximum exposure on ArtSlant through our Homepage display, our Artshow display and in our e-Publications.
2. JURIED SELECT WINNER - Our Review Panel of international galleries, curators and artists will go through the Profiles of each Showcase Winning artist. From this review, they will select the top 10 Juried Select artists in each round. These 10 artists will automatically go into our year-end voting for the ArtSlant Prize exhibition and cash awards.
NEW - One Juried Select artist in each round will be granted a $250 cash award.
3. ARTSLANT PRIZE - Three artists will be selected as our final ArtSlant Prize winners from the pool of 60 Juried Select artists that have been assembled during the year. Our ArtSlant Prize winning artists will receive:
1. Exhibition: In a top art city or art fair
2. Cash Prizes: Over $20,000 in cash and cash equivalents
3. Exhibition Stipend: Cover shipping & other exhibition costs
4. Purchase Awards: The chance to be part of the ArtSlant Emerging Collection
Need More Info? (click)
The ArtSlant Curation Team assembles a Review Panel for each round of the Showcase Series. This Panel reviews the Showcase Winners and determines the Juried Select winning artists. Our panels include international galleries, curators, artists and critics.
ROUND 3 Panelists are:
Eileen Braziel, Curator, Art Advisor, Owner/Founder of Eileen Braziel Art Advisory. Eileen Braziel's contemporary art gallery business and consulting started twenty years ago in Colorado, and continued in New Mexico, New York, Miami Beach, and Hamptons. Braziel currently consults for the state of New Mexico Arts-Art in Public Places program, Department of Cultural Affairs. This program includes the Centennial Project Space which was created to exhibit the work of local and state artists. The inspiration for the Land Sensitive Art project was New Mexico resident and writer Lucy Lippard. Eileen Braziel continues to serve as the coordinator of TIME (Temporary installations made for the Environment). This unique program is dedicated to preserving the integrity of Land Sensitive Art, while simultaneously celebrating and promoting the art and culture of New Mexico.
Sandra Q. Firmin, Curator, University of Buffalo Art Galleries. Sandra Q. Firmin has been Curator of the UB Art Galleries since 2003. She holds a M.A. from Bard College’s Center for Curatorial Studies (2002), and was awarded a Philadelphia Exhibitions Initiative Fellowship at Arcadia University Art Gallery (2003). Firmin co-curated the traveling exhibition Kim Jones: A Retrospective (with Julie Joyce). The exhibition was accompanied by the catalogue “Mudman: The Odyssey of Kim Jones” (MIT Press, 2006), co-edited with Joyce. Additionally, Firmin recently organized Artpark: 1974–1984, an exhibition and publication (Princeton Architectural Press, 2010) chronicling the seminal years of an innovative residency program located in Lewiston, New York, just north of Niagara Falls.
John Leo, Director, Lambert Fine Arts, New York, NY. In addition to currently directing Lower East Side gallery Lambert Fine Arts, John Leo is the co-founder of the Fountain Art Fair. Leo was previously director and co-founder of Leo Kesting Fine Arts, which showed emerging artists from around the world and operated an exhibition space in New York City's meatpacking district.
The ArtSlant Prize: The ArtSlant Curation Team along with a select group of reviewers will determine the 3 Top Winning Artists for the ArtSlant Prize exhibition. The ArtSlant curators and the winning artists work together in designing the exhibition and deciding which artworks to show. Cash awards and exhibition fees provided prior to the show. Purchase Awards for the ArtSlant Emerging Collection are announced during the exhibition.
Sign Up Now! (click)