DEADLINE: Monday, February 17, 2014 by 5pm PST
El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historical Monument and Million Trees L.A. will be presenting an art exhibit entitled DEEP ROOTS: ARTISTIC EXPRESSIONS OF EARTH MONTH from April 4, 2014 to April 20, 2014 in the historic Pico House Gallery, in celebration of Earth Month and to highlight the city’s growing urban forest.
Artists are asked to submit two and/or three-dimensional work that interpret themes of earth, nature, recycling, or ecology, with a special focus on trees and urban forests. Artists are encouraged, but not required to, submit pieces that incorporate recycled materials.
El Pueblo Historical Monument is a small urban forest in its own right, having over 120 trees on our 44-acre park. This exhibit continues with the tradition of Earth Month but focuses on how this topic translates into art.
DEADLINE: All submissions must be received by Monday February 17, 2014 by 5pm PST
A maximum of six (6) submissions from each artist.
All submissions must be the artist’s original work.
The following information MUST accompany each work of art submitted:
1. Artist’s Name: first and last name
2. Contact Info: 2a. Email address; 2b. Telephone number; 2c. Mailing Address
3. Artwork Info: 3a. Title of work; 3b. year executed; 3c. media; 3d. dimensions
4. Artist Statement: A few words on the piece and how it is related to the DEEP ROOTS/Earth Day theme.
Submissions will be accepted in the following formats for Mail-In or Email Submissions:
- Digital images, i.e. jpeg format (hi-res jpeg 2-3MB is the preferred format. Please be sure to have good quality images and the colors represent the true color of the artwork.)
- Photographic prints
- Please do not mail or drop off original work.
- Artists who want their entries returned must include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
MAIL-IN SUBMISSION: CD or prints should be mail to:
Deep Roots 2014 – Art Submission
El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historical Monument
History Division c/o Massiel Bobadilla
125 Paseo de la Plaza, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90012
EMAIL SUBMISSION: Hi-Res jpeg (2-3MB) can be submitted via email to: email@example.com
All email submissions MUST HAVE the following SUBJECT LINE to be considered:
“DEEP ROOTS 2014: Artist Submission”
You must use this exact subject line for email submissions. Submissions will be pulled and sorted by this subject headline DEEP ROOTS 2014: Artist Submission. We are not responsible for email submissions that might be sorted or misplaced into the Spam folder. Once your submission is received and processed, you will receive a confirmation email that your submission has been received from (1-2 weeks from submission date). All submissions must be received by Monday February 17, 2014 by 5pm PST.
Artists whose work is accepted for the exhibit will be notified by the end of February. Upon notification, images of accepted artwork may be used in the exhibition’s publicity.
For more information, please call (213) 485-8437 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org