Submissions now being accepted for Water Street Studios’ annual fundraiser: ŏn-sŏm' bəәl, held on September 8, 2012.
Event: We are looking for cutting edge artists in the categories of clothing, accessories and art (all media considered) for an alternative runway show. Think edgy, extreme, and radical. This is NOT ready‐to-wear! Inspired by the fashion capitals of the world, each piece must capture the spirit of one of the cities.
• Clothing and accessories designers will supply their own models - hair and make - up supplied by Water Street Studios.
• Art can be in any media, but no larger than 7’ x 7’ x 10’.
• Entrants are required to attend an Incubator Dinner held the evening of Friday, August 31, 2012. At this dinner participants for each city will brainstorm with the other artists working on the same city theme about the coordination of their display/vignette area, which will then be incorporated into the runway.
• Installation of this display/vignette area by the artists will take place on the Friday before the show - September 7, 2012.
• All work must be for sale at 50% commission.
• Food will be provided for the artists during set‐up of event.
• $100 stipend towards materials and travel at the Incubator Dinner.
• The event will include cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, desserts, runway show, raffle, and awards ceremony.
• Cash awards will be given to best overall city, as well as people’s choice in each category.
• Entrants must be at least 18 years old.
New York London Paris Tokyo St. GenaVia*
Clothing - 2 pieces Clothing - 2 Clothing - 2 Clothing - 2 Clothing - 2
Accessories Accessories Accessories Accessories Accessories
Art Art Art Art Art
*St. GenaVia is a fictional city found on the banks of the Fox River in Northern Illinois. In this style utopia, art and design are integral parts of the community’s fiscal and intellectual make-‐ up.
Submitting your Entry: Please email your name, street address, phone number and your top two city choices and the chosen category (clothing, accessories, art) for which you are submitting. Include written descriptions of your proposed piece and how it relates to the fashion capital. Please attach photographs of previous work. E-‐mail this information to email@example.com. Also include links to your website.
Or, send above information via regular mail to:
c/o Water Street Studios
160 S. Water Street Batavia, IL 60510
Entry Fees: There are NO entry fees
Deadlines: Please submit as soon as possible. Out of 15 categories, 4 have already been chosen. Act quickly! Decisions will be ongoing until all slots are filled.
• July 3, 2012 – Submissions Due!
• August 3, 2012 – Progress Report due via e-‐mail. Please send detailed description and photograph/sketch of works in progress.
• August 31, 2012 – Final piece(s) due at Water Street Studios along with descriptive narrative to accompany runway show.
• Acceptance notifications will be emailed on July 5, 2012
• Incubator Dinner - Friday, August 31, 2012
• Installation of artwork/creation of vignette – Friday, September 7, 2012
• on-‐som’ beled Event – Saturday, September 8, 2012
Prizes: “Best of Cities” $1500 (split amongst team that is chosen as best in all three categories: Clothing, Accessories and Art). Plus, three “People’s Choice Awards” in the amount of $200 each, awarded in three categories: Clothing, Accessories, and Art.
The winning pieces in each category will be featured on Water Street Studios website.