Venice Art Walk & Auctions Celebrates 34th Annual
Venice Family Clinic Fundraiser In A Big Way
May 19-20, 2012
Venice Art Walk & Auctions, benefiting Venice Family Clinic, celebrates community, creativity, and care with a fresh new venue, exciting art & architecture tours and exclusive Angel events, all in support of the largest free clinic in the United States. The event will be held May 19-20.
This year’s main event, Venice Art Walk & Auctions’ silent art auction and community celebration, will be hosted by Google Los Angeles, making this the largest charity event Google Los Angeles has ever held on its campus and a rare opportunity to visit the legendary “Binoculars Building” designed by Frank Gehry. Google Los Angeles’ new location is a fitting home to the signature silent art auction, featuring a curated collection of sculptures, paintings and photographs from the best and brightest of the Southern California art scene. The event also includes live entertainment, gourmet food trucks, performance art and more.
"We are excited to be hosting this year's Venice Art Walk & Auctions,” said Max Maxwell, Arts & Culture Liaison for Google Los Angeles. “Not only do we share a neighborhood with Venice Family Clinic, but we share their vision for nurturing strong, healthy and creative communities across Los Angeles. We are proud to host this great event for a great cause.”
Elizabeth Forer, CEO of Venice Family Clinic added, “Thirty-four years ago local artists and innovators started Venice Art Walk & Auctions to help provide health care to our neighbors, in need. We couldn’t think of a more creative, innovative partnership to re-launch the Clinic’s signature event than with Google Los Angeles.”
Venice Art Walk & Auctions events include Art & Architecture tours of a selection of art studios and architecturally significant homes. This year’s tour features artists' and architects' homes East and West of Lincoln as well as homes between Pacific and Abbot Kinney. The Venture into Venice Art Studio Tours highlights artist enclaves around Sunset Avenue and special art exhibits.
Venice Art Walk & Auctions was started in 1979 by Venice-based artists, many of whom were themselves patients at Venice Family Clinic. 100% of all Venice Art Walk & Auctions proceeds support Venice Family Clinic’s mission of providing free, quality health care to people in need through nine sites in and around Los Angeles County.
VENICE ART WALK HIGHLIGHTS:
• Surf & Skate Auction Presented by 585 BOARDRIDERS: April 27, 6pm-9pm Silent Auction and After Party Auction until 10pm. The unofficial “kick-off” to the Venice Art Walks & Auctions, the 2nd Annual Surf & Skate Auction is a free event comprised of food, drinks, live entertainment and a silent auction featuring one-of-a-kind skate decks created by more than one hundred artists.
• Art & Architecture Tour, Artists and Architects East of Lincoln: May 19, Noon-4pm
• Angel Event, Artist in Residence-Huguette Caland: May 19, 6pm-8pm
• Art & Architecture Tour- Living between the Pacific and Abbot Kinney: May 20, 11am-2pm
• Studio Tour, Venture into Venice Artist Studio Tour: May 20, Noon-4pm
• Silent Art Auction hosted by Google: May 20, Noon-6pm (After Auction party until 7:30pm)
For more information about Venice Art Walk & Auctions, and to purchase tickets please visit www.theveniceartwalk.org or call 310.392.9255. For media access, additional information or photos please contact Jill Eisenstadt firstname.lastname@example.org or Shonte Shannon email@example.com at bluPRint PR, 310.208.1300 or Nancy Kane at 917.379.8000.