Deadline for applications: 15 July 2012
August 20 to September 20 2012
Last Ship offers artists’ residencies in two living studios. One studio is dedicated to international residencies, and the other welcomes artists from all over India.
We are looking for artists with new energy and excitement! The residency is open to artists working in all fields of art, including photography, video, new media, sound art, illustration and others.
The residency includes:
- Accommodation and food.
- A live-in studio for two months
- An exhibition of works of projects realized in the residency
Artists will be given accommodation, food and space to work at Last Ship. The artists will have to bear the expenses of transports, material and production of work themselves. At the end of the residency the work will be exhibited at Last Ship.
1) An up to date C.V.
2) A recent photograph of the artist
3) A selection of not more than 10 images/files of work
4) A brief written description of the artist’s philosophy
5) A brief written proposal of the project that the artist would like to create at Last Ship
Last ship is an independent, one-of-a-kind international art space in Bandra, Mumbai. Right in the middle of the bustling Chuim Village, Last Ship encourages projects that engage artists, local communities, and the public. The space offers international art residencies, art education, production solutions for artists, exhibition & project support, events (& pirate parties).
For More information on Last Ship Programs & Residencies in India please contact
Eve Lemesle - What About Art?