Looking for a new Director
Skeppsbron 24, 621 57 Visby, Sweden
Deadline for application: 15 May, 2011
BAC - Baltic Art Center in Visby, Sweden is recruiting a new Director to run and develop the organisation's international residency programmes and its function as a production platform.
For the position as Director we are looking for a person with visions and a firm commitment to develop the conditions of artistic production. The successful applicant will be expected to further develop the institution's artistic profile and the organisation as a whole. The position offers great possibilities for exploring BAC's role as a dynamic production unit in relation to the existing art system. BAC is a small organisation in number of staff, which is why we are looking for someone who is willing to perform a range of different assignments and who has excellent collaborative and communication skills. The Director is required to reside in Gotland during the working week.
BAC's Director will be responsible for:
- artistic direction, staff and finances
- overall execution of all artistic programmes
- overall contacts with artists, the jury for Production-in-Residence (PIR), and other local, national and international partners
- fundraising and direction, follow-up and reporting on BAC's finances
- further development of BAC's international networks and contacts with various collaborative partners
- reporting to BAC's board
- developing an activity plan in dialogue with BAC's board.
BAC is looking for someone who:
- has visions, commitment and is able to contribute to the development of BAC's activities
- has documented success in curating and producing contemporary art projects, as well as a firm knowledge of organisation management
- is well-informed on the international contemporary art scene and has an extensive international network
- has a Master's degree in art history, curating or fine art or similar relevant qualifications
- is enterprising, independent and possesses excellent communication and collaborative skills
The position is full time, starting on 1 November 2011. The contract runs for 4 years with an option of a further 2 years.
Your application, including a brief vision for BAC and its activities, expected salary, and other relevant documentation, must reach BAC no later than 15 May 2011 by e-mail to: email@example.com or by mail to: BAC, Skeppsbron 24, SE-621 57 Visby, SWEDEN. Mark your email or letter "Director".
For further information, please contact Mats Stjernstedt (chairman of the board) on telephone +47 22 85 34 10 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
art center development contemporary international director residency call announcement