Brooklyn Art Space offers a variety of spaces available for artists looking for an encouraging, creative community. With an array of workshops, professional development opportunities, art talks, studio visits, exhibition grants, and open studio events, artists have many resources offered to them at Brooklyn Art Space.
All Memberships include:
- access to Kitchen/Lounge (with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, water boiler, plates and utensils)
- access to Library
- Utilities included/free Wi-fi
- Featured on BAS's online art registry
- Free figure drawing three times per week
- Free monthly critiques and Art Talks with established artists, curators, critics, gallerists and historians
- 10% off all workshops
- 10% off on your first out-of-warranty Mac, iPhone or iPad repair or professional data recovery service at The Mac Support Store
- 10% off Brooklyn Botanic Gardens workshops and membership to the BBG
- Optional participation in member salon exhibitions with Trestle Gallery
- Brooklyn Art Space members who participate in one of the Member Salons automatically qualify for Artist Rate membership to the following museums: Dia Art Foundation, Guggenheim Museum, Whitney Museum of American Art, Museum of Modern Art & PS1, New Museum and Brooklyn Museum
$225 per month (3 spaces available)
Located at 168 7th St., the Open Studio is a 4,000 sq ft. shared studio filled with abundant natural light throughout the day. Open Studio Members receive 24/7 access to the shared studio space, a personal storage rack, locker, and entry code. Members also have access to all tables, easels, taborets, open wall space, slop sinks, and shared amenities including access to kitchen/lounge and library. Members of the Open Studio are free to arrange the space as needed while they work. The studio has high ceilings, white walls, heat/air conditioning, free Wi-fi, two slop sinks, trash/recycling areas, and drying racks.
Memberships are on a month-to-month contract with no long term commitments. Brooklyn Art Space requires 30 days written notice of termination of membership.
$350-475 per month (2 studios available)
Located at our second venue, 400 3rd Ave., the Semi-Private spaces vary in size, but range approximately between 8ft. x 8ft. to 11ft. x 11ft. Many Semi-Privates have windows, and all have high ceilings, white walls, heating/air conditioning, free Wi-fi, and access to trash/recycling areas. Unlike the Open Studio membership, Semi-Private memberships are personal spaces that are highly customizable. All equipment within a Semi-Private is provided by the member. There is a 5 hour per week studio use commitment and a minimum of six months membership for a semi-private.
Transportation: F, G, or R train to 4th Ave/9th St. or F, G to Smith/9th St.
Brooklyn Art Space
168 7th St., 3rd Flr.
Brooklyn NY 11215